Chapter 11

The day after the date, Touka has been trying to avoid Kaneki. Whenever he tried to talk to her, she would try to ignore and walk away helping customers out. Kaneki thought that it was strange to see Touka that way. She had been cheerful yesterday, after the kiss she ran away crying. Now today she's trying to avoid him. Kaneki thought it was time to confront after work is done with is 9:00 pm. He was making coffee right now, thinking of his own future with Touka. Them having kids, having fun everyday with each other, holding hands.

Too many to cherish, he smiled from those thoughts. But those memories quickly faded away seeing Touka with Haise. She was sitting next to him, boy his anger came quick to his brains. His jealousy was showing as well as his other emotions, sadness. He thought Touka had betray him. "Kaneki why won't I make the coffee." Yoshimura offered. "Oh yeah sure, I'll just clean the floor." Kaneki grabbed a broom with him sweeping the kitchen. *Crack* He heard a finger crack as he looked at his surrounding. There was no one cracking their fingers. It was strange for Kaneki.

He simply ignored it not knowing it's a signal of danger tomorrow. On Touka's side, she's enjoying spending time with Haise. Thus makes Kaneki even more jealous. "Oh Haise you're too cheesy as well as your jokes." Touka chuckled. "What is the coldest country? Chile!" Haise made another joke making his friends as well as Touka laugh making everyone gain their attention on them. "I should get back to work." Touka stood up and left but Haise grabbed her hand and gave him a not. Touka looked in the note and it said for a date. She nodded, Haise fainted.

She knows Haise is a human but she doesn't know why she accepted it. Was it to fill in Kaneki? No he is still here. Why did she nodded? Haise is just like Kaneki, loves books and is sweet. These reasons had no evidence to back up. But she just felt like it. After 9 long hours it was now closing time. The workers stretched out their bodies and heard some cracks, annoying Kaneki due to him hearing random finger cracks for no reason as no one was cracking their fingers. "Wooh, boy was that another long crucial day eh?"

Kaneki saw Touka going upstairs to her room as he follows her. As she was about to close the door from her room Kaneki stopped and entered. "We need to talk." Touka knew it was serious judging from his facial expressions. "Touka-chan, why are you avoiding, ignoring and hanging out with other men." Kaneki's jealousy was showing as well as his sadness. Touka tried to ignore him but his voice just wanted her to hug him. But then again, that taboo. She continues to ignore until she spoke, "I think we should break up." Kaneki froze, was his true love trying to break up with him? Why?

"W-Why?" Kaneki was on the verge of crying. "Because.... I just don't love you anymore..."Those words were also hard to say for Touka. The workers heard it, trying not to feel bad. "T-Touka, I'll do anything for you to love me back." He begged the helpless woman. "Just stop already I don't love you!" Touka snapped hurting Kaneki. "O-Okay..." Kaneki walked to the door. "I love you too."

Both couples were crying.