Bonus chapter ii

The room was almost empty as Aspen taped off the last of the box in the room. Sighing, she stood up and made sure to check everything before walking towards another room where a certain brown haired boy was lying on the bed instead of arranging the box like he promised.

"I thought we had a deal?" Aspen said with raised eyebrows as she leaned on the doorframe and watched her surprised boyfriend with an eyebrow raised.

"But babeee!" Kenneth pouted, trying to get out of this situation by trying to act cute. He knew Aspen had a soft spot for his cuteness.

"Don't babe me, Kenneth. We had a deal that you'd arrange the bedroom while I helped with the living room. It's almost time to go." Aspen sighed again as she looked around the untaped boxes. And she thought she'd trust Kenneth with this.

"The last game was tiring, sunshine. I promise I'll finish it in 5 minutes."

"I know you're tired but there's no time. Come on. Move your lazy ass. You promised 5 minutes now."

Kenneth sighed and walked over to where Aspen was sitting taping the boxes and hugged her from behind, smiling at the familiar warmth and scent.

"What are you doing? Come on, you lazy oaf. Help me quickly." Aspen scowled trying to push off Kenneth but he was too heavy for her so she altogether gave up and leaned against him. She missed him as well to be honest.

"Just for a while. I didn't get to hold you at all today."

Aspen melted in Kenneth's warmth as always. It was the last day of living together in an apartment for college. Aspen had majored in management while Kenneth got a football scholarship with which he started playing for the state. They were moving away to their hometown after which they will decide what to do with their future. But they both knew that they needed each other no matter what. Five years had been hard for them but they found each other again and their love just grew stronger.

"As much as I love cuddling with you, we've got to finish this soon, Ken." Aspen laughed, laying her head peacefully in his chest, trying to listen to the pace of his heartbeat.

"Hmm." Kenneth just hummed and kissed the top of her head before standing up and stretching a little.

"Let's get this over with so I can cuddle with you more. I need a whole other of vitamin 'U' after the tiring game." Kenneth grinned.

Aspen grimaced at the bad use of his pun but couldn't help but smile at his silliness. He was too cute for his own good.

"Alright let's do this."

"So what do you think will happen to us now?" Kenneth asked, sipping his can of beer before looking at the far horizon where the sun was setting, a warm, orange glow, lighting up the sky.

Aspen sighed from beside him, sipping her own can, before finding her way to his arm where she lay her head.

"I don't know. I'm scared to be honest even though it's been so long. I'm scared what the future holds for both of us but if it's with you I'm willing to try."

"You do realise that you've grown more sappy right?" Kenneth grinned.

Aspen smiled and looked at him. "you have been a big influence on me with all your corny and too romantic words. It's about time."

"Well I like the sappy Aspen as well."

Kenneth smiled at the love of his life. She had been nothing but his biggest inspiration all their time together. She never gave up on him whever he had doubts. She never left his side when he hated himself. She had always been there and he knew she will be there with him wherever he walked. And he couldn't even think the condition he would be in if she happened to leave her. Even though she reassured him so many times, that fear managed to linger somewhere in his heart.

He was scared. Really scared but her smile, her laugh, her annoyed face, her love, just, her everything, it all brought him back to reality. The reality that he was with the most amazing person that always made him happy, the one person who managed to chase away his demons and made him relive the moment so many times. He was happy and that was all that matters right now.

"Hey babe." Kenneth called out and Aspen lifted her head from his arm and gave her full attention to him, her face filled with confusion.

He tilted her chin towards him and leaned down hesitantly, his heart hammering a little too loudly. When their lips met, it was the same feeling: warm, safe and content.

Aspen felt something was up because of the kiss. It was gentle, a sweet butterfly kiss.

"What's wrong?" Aspen asked, gently rubbing his hand that was softly resting on her cheeks.

"You remember that time when I told you I'd like to change something of yours?" Kenneth asked, a nervous smile on his face.

Aspen's eyes widened a little when she realised what he was meaning to ask.

"You didn't." She managed to squeak out. Her heart pounded so loudly, she was almost scared. It brought her back to that time when Kenneth cornered her to a wall and told her what he wanted. It was happening. Right now.

"Yes I did." He grinned and took out a beautifully designed ring from his pocket before gently putting it in her ring finger after which he entwined their hands together.

"This ring makes you forever mine. You don't know how long I waited for this." Kenneth then got down on his knees and lovingly looked at the beauty in front of him. "What say? Want to be tied down to me for the rest of your life? Because I desperately need you in mine."

Aspen laughed, tears falling freely. "Of course you idiot. I need you in my life just as desperately."

Kenneth grinned and stood up before cupping Aspen's face and kissed her with all the love he had within himself for her. Both of them had smiled in their kiss after which Kenneth pulled away and rested his forhead against Aspen's .

"You know what I'm most grateful for besides you?" Kenneth asked, in a nostalgic daze and a happy smile on his face.

"What?" Aspen asked, smiling.

"I'm grateful I dialled the wrong number that day."

Aspen laughed, the sound a melody in Kenneth's ears. Sometimes he couldn't believe that wrong call led him to someone so beautiful and amazing, a fighter. It all felt unreal. But waking up next to her, he always told himself it was real. Now with her as his wife, his mornings filled with a person named Aspen Jones, he would keep reminding himself that it was real. That someone who loved him was real and by his side, as his wife.

He really couldn't wait to know what the future held for them.

a/n : another bonus chapter because I missed Aspen and Kenneth. 💜