C10: It Still Hurts

~~~~~~~~~~~~YOUR POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh.

My head was dizzy. I was dizzy. My body didn't feel good at all. How long will this last? It seems like forever. It seems like my mother was going to kill me.

And she probably was.

Why did I come home? Why couldn't I have just toughened up?

I can't control my own feelings. I can't control anything anymore. I was being abused my horrible mother. Again.

~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Janie, don't hurt her, please. She never did anything."

"This was your mistake! You're now the father of this, this horrible child! I want her to die."

"Janie! Stop, I'll do whatever you want. Just don't hurt my daughter."

"This is a mistake. My own daughter is a mistake! And, I should've never trusted you."

"Baby, please."

"No!"

She hit me with the same metal bat. I started crying.

"Janie! I'm calling the cops!" My dad said, picking up the phone.

"Hello? Yes, my wife is abusing my 4 year old daughter. Uh huh. With a metal bat. Okay, mhm. Please hurry!" My dad said, almost crying himself.

"You're worthless! You're stupid! You're ugly! YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!" My mother said, punching and kicking me.

"Janie! Janie stop!" He said, pulling her off me.

"NO! NO! THAT STUPID CHILD DESERVES DEATH!"

"I'm leaving! And I'm not coming back!" He said.

There was a knock.

It was the police.

"Ma'am, come with us." One said, taking my mom.

That was the last time I saw my mother until she called me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweetie! Today's the day!" My mother sang, coming in the door.

She had a knife. A knife.

She was going to finish the job she never could.

"You're a monster." I said, looking up at her.

"What? You really think I'm going to kill you? I will, but not right now. I'm going to later tonight, darling. 12 hours from now." She said, leaving the room.

When she left, I thought about another flashback. But a good one. It was when I first arrived in Seoul. When I was going to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up when Suga came into the room. "What are you doing up? It's 1:00 am." I said, rubbing my eyes. "Oh, we're thinking of new song ideas." He said, climbing in bed.

He looked at me. "Goodnight." He said. "I can't sleep." I said.

"I'll help you."

"How."

"Sing. Here, sing this song. Even though we're miles away, you're next to me. Even when you fell apart, you're next to me. Even though you're hurting, you're next to me." He sang.

His voice was beautiful.

"You try it."

"Okay." I said, singing the lyrics.