C20: Everything Is Better

I woke up to a yell downstairs.

"Mommy! Daddy! I'm hungwy!"

My eyes slowly open. I go downstairs to see what's happening.

"Autumn..It's too early. Go back to bed."

"I'm hungwy."

"Jin will come down soon to make everyone something. It's 5 am."

"Can I sweep with momma and daddy?" She asked.

I smiled. "Of course, baby."

I picked her up, going back upstairs and into Yoongi and my room. I lay her down in the middle of us, and we both cuddle her tight while she goes back to sleep.

I wake up later, but this time to barking.

Ugh. I can never get any sleep.

"Cheyenne! Get your dog!" I yelled.

"I am!" She said. "There's someone at the door.." Cheyenne said, peeking out of the window.

I get up, leaving Autumn and Yoongi cuddling. I put a new shirt on, and put shorts on.

I go downstairs to see Cheyenne trying to figure out who the person is while holding Millie back.

I went to the door an opened it.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked, letting him in.

He gave me a hug. "I wanted to see my granddaughter." He said.

"She's sleeping with Yoongi. She should be down here in a minute though. Would you like some coffee?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll take it black." He said, taking a seat on the couch.

I poured him coffee. "So, how did you find us?" I asked, still pouring coffee.

"I know people." He said. "So, what's her name?" He asked.

"Autumn. I named her after my mom. I felt like it would suit her perfectly." I said, picking up the coffee and carefully handing it to him.

"Nice choice. So, I want to know more about, oh, what's his name.." he said, snapping his fingers.

"Yoongi? The father?"

"Yoongi. That's right. I want to know more about him."

"Uh, he's a music producer, he's a rapper, he's gorgeous, and yeah." I said, crossing my legs and counting fingers.

"Are you married yet?" He asked.

"Well, uh, not, not really. We're planning to soon though." I said, messing with a strand of hair.

He tsked. "Old enough to have a child, but just not old enough to get married." He said, trailing  off.

"At least I'll come to my kids things, and not miss out and their entire life. AND when she asks me to go to things, I'll actually go to them." I said back.

"Really, you're sad about a stupid thing like tha-"

"Yes! You said you'd come, but being the amazing father you are, you didn't show up."

"Look, I was just a tiny bit busy, and I just-"

" I don't need your excuses. I know what you did. Hanging out with your little 'family'. I'm old enough to understand father, understand that you left me without reasoning with that, that horrible mother fig-"

"Mommy? Who is that?"

I haven't even noticed that Autumn came downstairs.

"Oh, that's your grandpa."