A different view

Connor's POV

I am an android that is designed to capture deviants and send them back to CyberLife to see if there was a bug in their system. That's the only thing I did until Hank opened my eyes for me.

It's been months since we first met. A few days ago, I met this human. She was sitting in her cubicle and had her eyes closed. I tried to scan her from the distance, but there was only static and information was hard to see. I thought that there was something wrong with my sensors, but when I scanned someone else, their information was perfectly fine. I decided to wake her up in hopes of getting a good look at her face and try scanning her again.

As I approached her, she looked around in shock. When our eyes met, something in me felt weird. I tried scanning and only was able to see two names appear and that she was the new Lieutenant Hank was taking under his wing. I didn't know that someone could have two legal names, so I just picked the first one I saw and thankfully, she responded.

The weirdest thing she told me to do was to slap her. I didn't want to harm her. Her face is too pretty. She kept saying how she needs to wake up, despite the fact that she is already up. When she ordered me to slap her, I tried to hit her as gently as possible. My hand ran over her face and I immediately felt my hands tingle and my heart motor pump faster. I tried to ignore all these weird feelings and hit her again. This time, I hit her pretty hard; half of her face was red. When she looked at me with pain, something inside of me broke. I looked at the floor because I couldn't look at her face after what I did to her.

However, I knew that I had to move forward with the investigation or else I will disappoint Amanda. I need to save Detroit from a civil war.

I looked around to see if there was an available monitor that I can use, but all of them were in use so I had to ask (F/N) if I could look at the monitor with her. I must've gotten too close because her body started to shake and her other side of her face turned red.

I thought that looked...cute.

Am I using the word correctly?

Anyways, I was still confused on what was going on so I asked my trusty friend Hank.

~Flashback

"Hank, could I ask you something?"

"Shoot it."

"I've been feeling really weird the past few days." He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Androids can get sick? I told you to say inside when it was rai-"

"No, I'm not sick. To answer your question, Androids can't get sick. I just feel something happening in me, especially when (F/N) is around." Saying her name made me think of her, brightening up my day when she walks in.

*snap*

"Connor, CONNOR!" Hank's voice made me fall back into reality.

"I tried grabbing your attention, but all you did was stare into space and a smile plastered on your face," Hank said. I thought he was angry at me for not paying attention, but all he did was grin and pulled me closer to him as if we were sharing a secret.

"Connor, I think you got a disease." I look at him confused

"Like I said earlier, androids don't-"

"I mean figuratively. I think you're in love. Humans call it a 'disease' because it's contagious. (F/N)'s charm worked on you," Hank said, chuckling at me.

"Then... what should I do? I don't want to have this 'disease' get in the way of the investigation." I said, troubled about what to do.

"Oh Connor, the investigation is not important. You got to put your priorities straight." Hank said with a tint of anger in his voice. He sighed and continued speaking. "I'll teach you some things you need to know..."

After a brief learning lesson with Hank, I started having questions about (F/N).

"Hank, do you know anything about (F/N)?" I asked

"Well, she's the daughter of a friend of mine. She moved from New York to Detroit. Surprisingly, she is also a detective that just got promoted to a lieutenant. Her father said that she got inspired by me and wanted to do the same." He sighed and looked up at the wall. "But life for her was always hard. She never had a mother by her side. During my prime years, I stayed in New York for a brief moment. Since they were also in New York, I stayed at their apartment for a while. She was such a nice, innocent girl." Hank stopped for a moment.

"Now that you brought her up, I just remembered something." He said

"What did you remember?" I questioned

"(F/N) asked about you as well. She was asking about what you liked and stuff." My adrenaline kicked in when I heard it.

"What else do you know about (F/N)?" I said, hiding my shock from Hank

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" he says

~End of flashback
Asking someone a question is easy, but for some reason, the thought of asking a question to (F/N) made it really difficult.

Something inside me hurts when I see her sad or hurt. For instance, a couple of days ago, I took the taxi to the department and decided to pick (F/N) up. When I rolled down the window, I saw her beautiful (eye color) eyes that sparkled in the morning air. Seeing her made my insides warm.

Must be because of the summer heat.[Author shouting in the distance: BUT THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE BECAUSE DETROIT BECOME HUMAN TAKES PLACE IN NOVEMBER AND THAT CONNOR IS BAD AT MAKING EXCUSES WHICH MAKES HIM 1000 TIMES BETTER...sorry continue please.]

I let her in the car and we sat far away... that made me feel... sad. I knew that I couldn't feel human emotions and that I needed to move far away as I can. I didn't know why I needed to, something told me to do so.

Then, Gavin came into the car, which forced (F/N) to come in closer to me. My hand brushed against her fingers, making my heart motor pump faster for some odd reason. I tried to keep my composure so that Gavin didn't see through me.

Gavin when was talking to (F/N), I started to get frustrated. I didn't know why I was feeling that way, but I hated when she wasn't talking to me. My software instability went down a little bit and it started to worry me. I look back and I see Gavin touching(F/N)'s face. Without thinking twice, I immediately pulled her to my side, where her face landed on my chest. My sensors went crazy for some odd reason and my heart went crazy. I tried to ignore all these weird things and ordered Gavin to get out of the car.

Gavin got really mad at me at pointed a gun at my head. Before I could even react, (F/N) put her whole body on top of me to protect me and pointed a gun at Gavin. He started laughing and said that (F/N) has "fallen" for me. I was surprised by that comment because I knew that there was no way a human could ever like a machine. I couldn't see her reaction, but she told Gavin to get out before he gave up and left.

When he left, I felt (F/N)'s hands started shaking. Something inside me told me to tell her that everything was alright. I wanted to... comfort her, tell her that it's ok and that I am here. I told her that she was probably going to get targeted by him again and that I should always be on her side. She said no, which then I reacted by getting close to her and told her to trust me. I don't think I should have done that because her face started to turn really red, like the first time I met her. I don't know what changed her mind, but she said yes at the end.  I wanted to get closer to her, I wanted to smell the perfume she always wore, I wanted to touch her face. Before I could get any closer, the car halted and we arrived at the Department.

I had no choice but to stop. I couldn't express this... thing. It would be far too dangerous. I would be showing characteristics of a deviant and CyberLife would deactivate me and might hurt (F/N). I couldn't afford to put her in any more danger. She's my... partner.

A/N: Hey guys! How did you guys like Connor's point of view? I might add that for the other characters so you guys can see his change. I would like to thank everyone who has voted for my chapters and commented. Like I said in the last chapter, I am really grateful for all of you guys!  I hope this chapter was good enough since I am going to go through a study period, so I won't be able to write anything for a couple of days. Thank you all for the support!
*ps: Comment below some scene suggestions for ConnorXReader! I would like to make this book a little longer and have some steam in the chapters o////o. Don't forget to vote and comment!