Confusion

"Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
'Cause I want ya, and I need ya
And I'm down for you always"

(I just had to...)

|

|

|

Connor's POV
As I was patiently waiting for (F/N) to come back into the room, a familiar voice spoke out to me.

"Connor...help me..."

Was that(F/N)?

I instantly got up and ran out of the room. Using the layout of the Karaoke place, I looked for the nearest woman's restroom.

Please, I hope I'm not too late... I thought as I ran through the hallways.

Once I reached to the restroom, I was greeted with (F/N) fighting off someone wearing all black and holding a white piece of cloth.

"(F/N)!" I yell out while I try to get the thing in black away from (F/N).

When the thing turned around and looked at me and started to run. I saw a glimpse of it and saw an LED light shine brightly under the hoodie it was wearing.

A deviant?! I was taken by surprise.

The deviant saw me and started running away. As I was about to run after it, my body froze.

W-why can't I move? I tried moving my leg, but before I knew it, the deviant was gone. All that was left on the floor was the white piece of cloth it was holding on to.

(F/N) was on the ground, still trying to comprehend what just happened. I took her hand and lifted her up.

"(F/N), are you alright?" I ask her while I scan her and make sure she was ok.

"...yeah" was all I got from her.

I looked carefully at the white piece of fabric and tucked it into my pocket.

"Come on, let's go back to our room," I said as I guided her back into the room.

Once we went in, I got some water for her and fed her some of the food that (F/N) ordered earlier since it started to go cold.

"Y-You're feeding me?!" (F/N) exclaimed.

"The food started to get cold and you are still in a state of shock, so I thought it would be better if I feed you. If you don't feel comfortable with that, then I won't." I said as I lowered my hand that was holding her food.

"I-It's fine..." She said as she looked to the side.

I continue to feed her in silence.

"(F/N), could you tell me what happened?" I asked her.

"I was just going to go into the restroom when all of a sudden, someone came in from the back and held the white piece of fabric over my face."

I proceeded to take out the fabric and tasted it. However, I stopped midway just to make sure (F/N) was not creeped out by it since Hank seems to not like it when he's around.

"Are you okay with me taking a sample and putting it in my mouth?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I saw you do this multiple times already." She said

I cock my head to the left and recalled if (F/N) has ever seen me take a sample.

No records...that's weird...

"...is there something wrong?" (F/N) asked

"No...everything is fine," I assure her.

I proceeded to take another fresh sample and put it in my mouth.

"(F/N), this is trichloromethane. A human being that takes this in would immediately get knocked out." I said, looking at (F/N) suspiciously.

"That's what I thought too. I did feel a little drowsy, but I was able and attack the person with the hoodie since they thought I was going to be unconscious." (F/N) explained.

I hummed and thought. Maybe she didn't get enough of the trichloromethane to get unconscious?

"Well, I think it's not a person. It's an android. I saw a glimpse of what was inside the hoodie and saw a blue LED." I tell her as I placed the food in her mouth.

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"You think it's a deviant?" She said.

"It might be. However, based off of the other cases, most deviants tend to take off their LED before going out so people don't suspect anything about them." I said

"Huh..." She said as she looked away.

Right away, her eyes started to droop and she let out a yawn.

"Oh man, excuse me." She said.

(F/N) must be tired. It's been a weird day for her anyway. I didn't want to let her go yet, but I didn't want her to be too tired.

"(F/N), do you want to go home now?" I asked her.

"Huh? Already? But we only stayed here for a while..." She said.

"We have stayed here for two and a half hours already. You looked really tired and need some rest right now." I replied.

(F/N) didn't seem to have to energy to argue with me and followed me out of the karaoke bar.

We waited for the taxi to come to pick us up and as soon as we got on, (F/N) was fast asleep. As the car was moving, her head started to tilt towards the window, then to my shoulder. At last, she rested her head on my shoulder. Something inside of me felt very weird and tingly again. My heart started pounding and my system is heating up. Not that it's bothering me; I actually... like it.

Am I feeling emotions?

I instantly shiver from that thought, making (F/N) tilt her head away from me and about to hit the side of the car. Immediately, I cushion her head with my hand and placed her head on my shoulder again.

I'm a machine, I'm not supposed to feel. (F/N) might get hurt if Amanda finds out.

I...can't

A/N: HEY Y'ALL, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD! I finally got the time to write a chapter for you guys... I actually had some writer's block when I came back from China, preventing me from completing this chapter and I am super sorry for making you guys wait. Thank you for being patient with me and continue suporting this book!