The Date

"I thought love wasn't meant to last,
I thought you were just passing through
If I ever get the nerve to ask
What did I get right to deserve somebody like you?"

|

|

~At the cafe

Connor's POV

*Ding ding*

When I got there, (F/N) was nowhere spotted.

I came too early, I got too excited... heck, she probably won't com-

*Ding Ding

I look up and see (F/N) walk in the cafe. She scanned the room and looked your way.
Then, my metal heart started to race and my hands started to shake. I tried to ignore all of these things my body was doing and focusing on (F/N).

She sat at the empty seat that was right in front of me.

"Hey, Connor!" She said while smiling. It makes my insides start to get warm.

"Hey (F/N)." There was a moment of silence.

I get so nervous by the presence of (F/N), I just blurted something out.

"I.. heard that you asked Hank about me." She looks up at me with wide eyes.

Damn it, I said something wrong

"Oh, yeah." She scratches the back of her head, with a slight tint of pink on her face.

"What do you want to know about me?" I ask

"Well, I wanted to ask..." (F/N) takes a moment to think of a question. "Why did they make you look so goofy?"

"They? Do you mean CyberLife?" She shakes her head 'yes'.

"CyberLife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and voice were specifically designed to help facilitate my integration."I answered

"Well, they definitely got the looks right. If you were to interrogate me, I would definitely tell the truth." She said with a playful smirk on her face.

"Then tell me..." I start to say

Your POV

"...do you like me?" He asked

My heart started to pound really fast out of my chest. I can literally hear it pounding. He could probably hear it too. Heck, he could probably scan me and see that my heart is pumping in a inhuman speed. Oh my fucking god, I think my face is melting off. WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME CONNOR?!

I frantically try to change the subject.

"Um, I h-heard that their ice latte was really good. I-it's getting a little h-hot in this cafe, don't y-you think? Hahaha..." Connor looks at me, waiting for an answer.

"Hello! Welcome to (name of your favorite cafe)! Is this your first time coming here?" A waitress said

"Yes, it is," I replied. Thank god, I just got saved by this waitress. I would've melted into a puddle if she wasn't here. Bless her soul.