Beauty

"I taste the words that keep falling out your mouth

You got a logic I'll never figure out

If I could hold you then I'd never put you down

But I never really know just where to find you"

|

|

Connor's POV

Minutes after I started giving her a piggyback ride, I heard heavy breathing.

(F/N) must've fallen asleep.

Her heart rate has also dropped too. That was good to know since I didn't know if she was comfortable or not.

After I have arrived at her apartment, I try to look for her keys. From what I remember, she usually locks the door with her phone, so I took her phone and placed it on the sensor.

"Welcome home." The door said as I closed it gently since I didn't want to wake (F/N) up.

The apartment was dark, so I turned some of them on using my sensors. Some turned on, some flickered, and some didn't even turn at all. Immediately, I ordered some new lightbulbs for (F/N). (I use CyberLife's money since I'm technically working for them and I believe that this is crucial for the investigation)

I look for her bed which is located two rooms down. (another one is empty with a bed, probably a guest bedroom) I slowly put (F/N) on her bed as gingerly as I could. Once I got placed her on to her bed, I gently took the scarf off of her neck and placed it on a chair that was starting to pile up with clothes. Then I took off her boots and looked at the ankle that was bruised. I went to her kitchen and found an icepack in her freezer, in which I then wrapped the ice pack with some paper towels so she won't get frostbite.

Taking the icepack from my hand, I wrap it around her sprained ankle. Judging by the looks of the ankle, it's probably going to take a couple of days to heal.

I step out of her bedroom to make a call to Hank.

"Hello? Who is this?" Hank said as he slurred his words.

"It's me, Connor," I told him

There was a small pause. "Whada you want?" Hank sounded like he was slightly drunk, but I think he's sober enough to remember what I am saying.

"(F/N) sprained her ankle and needs to take some days off from wo–"

"(F/N) GOT HURT?! JESUS CRIST, HER DAD'S GOING TO KILL ME!" Hank shouted.

"As long as you don't tell him, shouldn't you be fine?" Hank stopped talking.

"You're right." Then, from the other side of the line, I heard Hank snicker.

"Hey, why don't you stay with (F/N) for the night?"

"Stay with her? I don't know if she would want an android at her apartment..."

"What if she needs to get something? She won't have anyone there to help her. She's going to try to do stuff on her own and get herself hurt again." Hank gave a reasonable explanation, in which case I also believed can help the investigation.

"Ok, Hank. I'll see what she will say about that. And besides, she has another room in case she didn't feel comfortable with me staying in her room."

Hank mumbled something along the lines of, "Damn it...other room... Connor and (F/N) in the same room... bed..."

I was confused if he was talking to me or himself, but he just continued mumbling on and on.