Chapter 5

"So, he randomly came up to you and told you he broke up with his girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I said in between a groan before covering my face with my hands and letting out a sigh. I could hear George hum a bit, and after a while, I took my hands away to look at him. He was smiling at me, and that was all it took for a small smile to crawl up my lips.

"Well, that's super odd. Why would he do that?" he asked, resting his head on the space he had created. We were in the mall's food court together again during our long break. It was rowdy because it was a Saturday, but we had managed to grab a table for two with high seats. We've made it a habit to always head out for breaks together. I liked it. I usually felt nervous alone, but being with him made the crowd less intimidating, and talking to him got me out of my head a bit.

Out of my head.

I really needed to stay out of my thoughts for a bit. I came up with the most unfortunate scenarios and circumstances, and I always ended up scaring and stressing myself from overthinking.

"I guess..." I trailed, wondering if I should go into detail about Grace. "I guess it's because Grace told him something, but I don't know what," I said, deciding that it was okay if he knew. He already knew someone was harassing me, letting him know who it was wasn't a bad idea, right? It's not like he'll ever speak or even see Grace unless she found a way to harass me at work too.

"Grace? Is that the name of the person harassing you?" he asked, and I nodded. Well, one of them. I thought, still thinking to Harry. He hummed, nodding to himself as he took a sip from his can of soda. "Is there a way you can talk to Advik about what she said? Could you ask her directly?" he asked, and I looked down at my hands as I tapped the table with my fingers. Maybe she had told him something that made him jealous? I shook my head at that thought, it's not like Advik liked me.

"I could talk to them, but I don't want to," I said, and George cocked his head to the side before nodding. "I guess you'll just have to wait it out then?" he asked,

I nodded. "I guess."

"How's tinder going?" George asked, changing the subject. I smiled, feeling less awkward.

"It's fine, I guess," I said, pausing as I tried to think up what to say next. Tinder wasn't bad, but having people asking invasive questions about me threw me off, and those who seemed okay at first quickly got sexual and off-putting. "It's just so many people want to, you know-"

"Fuck?" he said, finishing my sentence for me. I blinked at what he said as my face grew warm. He laughed, his brown eyes glittering as I looked away. I didn't know George could be that direct.

"What, what were you expecting? It's a hookup site after all," he said, and I shrugged. I guess he was right. It was a hookup site, but I was expecting maybe a date or two before deciding to get frisky.