Chapter 21

I left George's place a little late on Monday

I left George's place a little late on Monday. There was a bit of rain, and the buses were late, so I had to run a bit when I got to campus. I had to borrow George's clothes because I knew I wouldn't be able to head to my residence building first without missing my first class. I probably looked stupid in his slightly big clothes — a worn-out sweater that had hands that were too big for me, so I made sweater mittens and his 'skinny' jeans that were baggy on me. I looked stupid, but I felt nice wearing them. I was wearing George's clothes — I was wearing my boyfriend's clothes. Knowing me, it was a fact that my face was a bright red tomato throughout the day. My mood was great, and I was a lot friendlier even though I started my school day with my lecturer making a fuzz about be being late. It scared some of my mates and had people smiling and interacting with me more.

I noticed that Grace didn't come to school today again. She was nowhere on campus. I asked around her department building when my lectures were over for the day, hoping that I would get some sort of information. It was early in the evening and the weather was starting to drop a bit. fifty-seven degrees Fahrenheit. That's fourteen degrees Celsius for everyone else in the world.

"Grace Miller? She hasn't been to lectures for over a week," the dark-skinned girl in round-framed glasses told me as she continued to tune her violin. The hall was noisy, but I heard her perfectly.

I mouthed a low sigh as I came to another dead end. Grace wasn't picking my calls or answering my texts, she wasn't in school, and no one in her department so far knew where she was. If I didn't see the green dot on her messenger saying she was online and not just responding, I would be a lot more worried than I already was. "Okay, thanks," I bit my bottom lip, running a hand through my hair as wondered what the hell Grace was up to. Advik was at the far end corner of the hall. I wanted to ask him if he had seen her around, but things were so awkward between us now, and I didn't want to risk him getting worried about me because if Grace.

The music department was busy today. Most students were preparing performances for our school's annual Halloween party, so I could slip away in the crowd without Advik noticing me from his seat in the far back of the music hall I had come to ask about Grace in. I left the building, having lunch as I talked to George, Grey, and my dance mates on my phone. I had dance practice tomorrow, and I have been added to the group chat with the other selected dancers. We were getting along well so far, and I was starting to wonder why I never really talked to anyone on my team before.

I picked up my back and left the cafeteria before going down the stairs and stepping into the cool evening. I made it to the residence building soon after and made a beeline for the elevators. When I got to my floor I made my way to the hallway that had my room in it. The floor lounge was empty, but I noticed the paper lamps and bat stickers that were plastered on the teal green walls. Our floor RAs must have put them up. Walking through the hallway, I noticed people had already started putting up Halloween decorations on their doors. It looked great, and I made a mental note to ask Austin if he was up for decorating our room and door.