Ch 19

(Normal POV)

It was now currently Tuesday night, and Lucy was laying on her bed, staring at her plain white ceiling, thinking.

She wasn't thinking of anything in particular, basically she was zoned out.

She's been acting like this ever since she got that sad phone call from her mother.

She only snapped out of it when her phone started ringing beside her on her bedside table.

She lazily reached out to it and brought it to her ear, not even checking to see who the caller was, "Hello?" She asked, a boredom evident in her voice.

"Hey Luce, haha, you sound bored," A familiar voice chuckled through the device.

Her face immediately lit up, "Hi!" She chirped.

He chuckled again at her childishness, but then turned serious, "Alright, Sorry to break the mood but, I just wanted to make sure you if were okay for tomorrow. Are you?" He asked worriedly.

And there goes her moment of happiness down the drain of doom, "Oh, gee thanks for reminding me..." She replied sarcastically, but with a great deal of sadness laced through.

"I'm sorry Luce—" she cut him off, "Don't be, you were just worrying about me, that's all. I appreciate it, thank you." She said sincerely.

He let out a sigh in relief, "Anytime hun, do you need anything?"

Actually, she really wanted him to come along with her to the mansion tomorrow. She was scared-no terrified, and wanted someone to turn to, and to comfort her.

But, she was too shy and afraid to ask, even though he's her boyfriend. She knew Natsu was a very busy man and she didn't want to make him miss a day of his work, just because she's scared. She didn't want to sound like a baby.

She thought it was a dumb reason, but that didn't change the fact that that's what she wanted. Plus, this may be one of the only times Natsu will ever see Layla.

"No...I'm good, thanks..." She lied.

Unfortunately for her, Natsu saw straight through it, he can always tell when she's lying, "Spill it," He sighed.

"..."

"Luce?" He said in a more demanding tone.

"....Cn...ye..co..wi..meh..." Was all he understood, even with his strangely amazing hearing.

"Baby, if you want something, you're gonna have to speak up," Although he was getting a little frustrated, he still found it rather cute how shy she was to simply be asking for something.

"A-are you b-busy Wednesday...? I-I want you t-to come with me...I'm scared..." By now, her heart was racing with anxiousness, and she was terrified of what he was going to say next. She shouldn't have said anything.

"You want me to come with you to see your mother?" He asked, making sure he heard her correctly.

"...yes.."

She heard him sigh, "Hang on a sec, I'll see if I can afford missing Wednesday..."

Now, she just wanted to be pulled into a dark hole, curl up in a ball, and never leave. Her hands were visibly shaking.

"Yeah, I guess I can. I don't have any meetings, and nothing important is happening, so I should be good. I also got a sh*t ton of stuff done too." He said.

"O-o-ok...u-uh...ya, t-thanks..." Lucy replied, stuttering like an IDIOT.

Natsu just chuckled.