Ch 29

(Lucy POV)

"Good morning everyone!" I greeted, once all my students arrived and were sitting in their usual seats.

"Good morning Ms Heartfilia," They all replied in unison.

I giggled, I always found it funny when they did that. And that's another thing I was going to miss about them when I leave. Soon, I won't be known as 'Ms Heartfilia', instead, I'll be known as 'Mrs Dragneel.' But it's not like my students will ever get the chance to call me that, I'll be out of here by then.

"Alright, let's do attendance, then, I have something extremely important I need to tell you," I continued, as I picked up the attendance sheet from my desk.

After the attendance was done, I was happy to know that not one student was absent today.

I took a deep breath after setting the attendance sheet back down on my desk, "Now, I want you all to listen carefully," I began in a serious tone, as I stood facing the children in my usual spot up front.

They all perked up, and stared at me intently, waiting eagerly for what I was going say next.

They should be.

No one said a single word. It was completely silent.

They knew that whenever I used that tone of voice, I most definitely wasn't playing around.

And I wasn't.

"I'm not going to be here to finish the school year with you guys." I announced sadly, getting pretty straight to the point.

"WHAT?!" Everyone except Wendy exclaimed, as they stood up from their chairs, staring at me in disbelief making me look down at my feet in shame.

I feel terrible, but I have to tell them.

"Why are you leaving?" Romeo asked curiously, "did you find a better job?" He crossed his arms.

My eyes widened, "N-no! No, sit back down. Everyone." I replied sternly. I hated talking to them like this, but I'm still the teacher, I need to keep them under control.

I sighed once again and continued, "I'm getting married in a month or so, and once I am, I won't be able to come back and teach," I explained.

Everyone except Wendy looked at me with confusion written on their faces, while I just stared back with sadness.

It's not that I'm not happy to be marrying Natsu. I'm super excited and happy to be marring the love of my life.

I'm just feeling guilty that I'm gonna be leaving them before the end of the school year. But I want to for my mother.

I sighed, "Alright, let me explain. But you have to promise me you'll all keep it a secret for now, don't even tell you're parents. They'll find out very soon though, don't worry," I started, "Can I trust you?"

Haha, I trust these children more than I trust myself. I'm just asking anyway to see what they'll say.

"Yes!" They shouted with certainty, ready to hear whatever I had to tell them.

Well, here it goes.

———

"So, you're really inviting them all? Even Greg?" Wendy asked, sitting beside me on the leather couch in the main living room of the mansion.