Your Soul ~ V

(Nagisa's POV)

I shielded my head using my arms, crying out in pain when I felt the shards of glass digging into my skin.

The true demon stood in front of me, her face red and filled with rage as she stared down at me, a half broken glass bottle in her hand.

She came back, about half an hour ago, from a meeting. Informing me that she was going to a family dinner later in the evening and wanted me to come.

But...

She wanted me to dress up... as a girl.

And there's no way I will do that, she could hit me all she wants. I will not wear a dress, nor a skirt.

"You dare defy me? I gave birth to you, and you will do as I say!"

Not this time. She smashed the glass on my arms. I whimpered at the pain, but my arms still remained in their position.

For some reason, mom is overly obsessed with making me cross-dress. Before I was born, she so desperately wanted a baby girl, but unfortunately for her, she had me. But thanks to my natural feminine appearance, she found a way to live her once lost fantasies.

She would dress me up in skirts and frilly dresses, comb and braid my hair, and just talk to me as if I was some kind of Princess.

It's sickening.

Whenever I refused, she would throw a fit. Actually... It's more like she would turn all psycho. Her strictness was what drove dad away from home, from us. A divorce to free himself from her clutches and crazed obsessions.

So, naturally, she would get pissed off when I said no to the ugly purple dress she brought with her. The bottle though, I have no idea where that even came from.

And if you're wondering why a certain red demon isn't here, it's because he was hungry for souls and went to hunt down a few.

From animals.

Yeah, exactly. I was kinda upset that he was going to devour animal souls, but he said it was either that, or human souls.

"That's it, I've had enough of you disobeying me." She grabbed a fistful of my hair, out of instinct I went to claw at her hand, but she just dragged me across the floor.

     "S-stop! Let go of me!!" My words were ignored. Mom dragged me all around the house until she reached the extra room.

Oh no.

She kicked the door open and threw me inside, I landed with a loud 'thump' on the floor.

"You will stay locked up in here until you learn your manners, ungrateful bitch."

I yelped when she slammed the door closed. I shot up from the ground to the door, attempting to open it. But alas, she locked it from the outside, leaving me in this dark room. No bed, no blankets, and a semi-broken window.

To top it all off, it's freezing.

I allowed myself to sag to the floor. Wrapping my arms around my body and wincing at the stings coming from my arms.

I lifted a trembling arms in front of my face, inspecting it to see if there were any glass shards stuck in the open cuts. They are deep, and most definitely leave some ugly scars...

I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them as I weeped silently. Why does this happen to me? What did I ever do to deserve this? Was I that bad of a person in my past life to receive this kind of treatment? My body shook violently as more tears streamed down my face.