Your Soul ~ XIX

Aye, an update! Thank you @Lucy_Ashley01 for threatening me into publishing...
__________________

(Nagisa's POV)

My demon kept grumbling under his breath, silently cursing at the rain and the cold temperature in the room. Completely forgetting about the mini argument we had about a second ago. It was hard to take anything he said seriously with all his complaining and brooding. To think we've been avoiding each other since this morning—or maybe I was the one avoiding him? Maybe. But the thing is, now we're chatting as if nothing even happened.

I'm both disappointed and relieved. Disappointed because he won't...open up to me. Though now I know that I was being a bit pushy—I was just worried and had the urge to help. But it's clear as day that he doesn't want it. And I'm relieved that I could go home and not have to endure the previous tense atmosphere between us, not only that, but I'm relieved that our 'not-much-of-a-friendship' (according to him) won't be impacted by our earlier avoiding thing...

"Irina-Sensei, I was just trying to—"

"I don't wanna hear it, octoperv!"

"Octoperv?!"

I turned to the commotion, Bitch-Sensei was still attempting to stab our demon teacher. I would never say this out loud, but I didn't like what she said. I understand that she's concerned, but she—as a teacher—needs to respect her students' privacy. Karma is her student now—and even if he's a demon, she can't be disrespecting his privacy. I don't know if this is just me being protective of him; wanting to defend the demon that I summoned and consider a friend. Hell, Bitch-Sensei pulled out her gun that had real bullets in it, and I didn't think twice of using myself as a shield when I saw that she pointed it at Karma.

As cliché as this may sound, my feet had moved on their own.

"Honestly, Nagisa..." Karma mumbled from behind me. "Take into consideration your own safety before leaping into any given situation."

I turned to him. He was staring at me with narrowed eyes, but I can tell that he wasn't mad.

"Okay."

A SPLAT was heard, the sound of a fish out of water followed afterwards, and a feminine shriek filled my ears.

"Finally, I think that's the first time I've been able to shoot off one of those things," Bitch-Sensei muttered, but I heard her clearly. Turns out—as she said—she shot off one of Koro-Sensei's tentacles. Though, she had another gun in hand, it was one of the guns provided to us by the government.

Now, our homeroom teacher was hiding behind Muramatsu, wiping away his tears with a handkerchief. Nakamura then appeared by my side and pulled me back so we were both standing beside Karma. "The atmosphere's tense in here," she mumbled, wrapping her arms around mines and Karma's shoulders. "And Professor K. looks ready to kill someone."

She was right. With one glance at the P.E. teacher, one could clearly see how pissed off he was. Karma made a sound, and I peeked at him from the corner of my eye. "No kidding." Karma pushed the blonde's arm off of him, resulting in Nakamura puffing out her bottom lip and forming a pout. I smiled nervously, not having anything to say at the moment. Their little exchange is interesting though, maybe they can become friends in the future. Karma should socialize with other people aside from me, though I should speak for myself more often.

My classmate that was leaning on me chuckled. "Karma-kun is interesting. So that cat that you brought in a while back was actually him? Who would've thought!"

     "Yeah...haha."

"For the last time, settle down and listen. All of you!" Karasuma exclaimed. Everyone tensed, Bitch-Sensei squeaked as she accidentally dropped both of her pistols to the floor. "As I was trying to say, I had to pull some strings just to allow him to assist the class and take part in your mission. I have informed my superiors that a student of this class had summoned a demon with the intent of using it in an assassination attempt. That is why Karma is here and not being attacked by Pro Hunters."