Your Soul ~ XIII

Just gonna say thanks for helping me with this chapter, AidaAbrante
I mean it :3
------------------------------

(Karma's POV)

All that remained of Percius was a pile of ash. I burnt his body until it was nothing but ash. At the moment, I carried Nagisa on my shoulder, walking through the alleys. He's unconscious. The shock caused him to shut down.

The stray cats hissed from their territories. But as soon as I fixed my glare onto them, they ran with their (fluffy) tails between their legs.

I stopped walking, I placed the unconscious human on the floor with his back against the brick wall.

He groaned once he wasn't within my reach, his body shifting as if trying to search for something. When I grazed his cheek with my fingertips, he looked at ease. Well isn't that something. I gripped his shoulder, shaking him until he was awake.

He awoke with a loud gasp, his body jerking up. His azure eyes looked out and about in a frenzy, his breath short and quick, only did he calm down when his eyes fixed on me. He didn't say anything, neither did I. We drowned in each other's silence until I decided to speak.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked, concerned for his well being.

He furrowed his eyebrows...like he was trying to think or remember something.

Soon, he nodded, at first it seemed as if he was going to voice out his answer, it was like he changed his mind at the last second.

I payed no mind to it. I extended my hand out for him to grab, but he didn't. He only stared at it. A distant look in his eyes.

"Karma..." He spoke in a slurred voice. "...you--Percius...he--"

"Don't speak. Talk about it when you've had some rest. Come on, let's go."

I pulled him to his feet, his head colliding with my chest as he lost his footing. I scrunched my nose, but said nothing. Deciding that it was best to ignore the stench of blood that managed to attach to his clothing.

Percius' blood smeared all over his clothes.

Nagisa...he's most likely traumatized. I don't blame him, I would be too if I had experienced that for the first time in my life.

"Can you walk? Or do you want me to carry you?"

"I can walk."

No, you can't. He was wobbling. Nagisa leaned into my body...more like leaning into the warmth that my body produced. I held him up, an arm around his waist, and we began walking...heading back to the apartment.

On the way back, it was silent between us. Every once in a while I would say a word or two, to say something to eradicate the awkward/tense silence. I can never appreciate a tense or awkward silence between me and Nagisa. With anyone else? Yeah, sure, what the hell. But with Nagisa? I would go insane.

"Oh..we're here?" Asked Nagisa, not believing that we've already arrived at the apartment.

I let him go, allowing him to stand on his own two feet, so I could transform into my cat form. The mist that formed around me faded away, I watched as he jabbed the key in the hole and turned open to doorknob.

We stepped inside.

We expected to meet with silence, but instead, we met with her. She stood there, in the same clothing she wore when she returned.

Nagisa froze.

And that woman...Hiromi...stared at him, but then her eyes landed on me. She looked at me with a hint of fear and denial in her eyes.