Your Soul ~ XIV

The more I write...the more I forget what I wrote two chapters ago. Help xD
------------------------------

(Karma's POV)

Nagisa hesitated as he placed me down on the floor, petting my head before he left to his room. I played the cat act, meowing and strolling towards her, scratching at her legs. But it turns out that my (purrfect) acting wasn't necessary.

"So..." Hiromi began, a hand on her hip. "You're a demon."

I stopped all movement and stared up at her, my head tilted to the side. This woman found out about me, I wonder how. I dug my claws into her legs, she winced.

Next thing I know, she's holding me the same way that the crazy monkey held the lion in that one movie that Nagisa showed me this one time...

"You can drop the act." She put me down on a chair. "I wish to talk."

Showing no reaction, I asked myself the same question over and over again. How the hell does she know what I am. That's the only thing running through my mind, not to mention how I'm going to get out of this situation. Or as I like to say back in hell, 'how am I going to kill myself out of this one.'

Should I keep up the act? Do I reveal myself? As risky as that is...there are already too many humans that know of me. Three idiots, three teachers, one dead demon hunter...and Nagisa because he's the one who summoned me. Am I missing anyone?

"Well? Are you going to reveal yourself? There's no point in keeping up the cat act."

Still not doing anything, I gave her a non-suspicious meow.

"Fine. Since you're not going to show yourself...I'm going to warn you." She hissed, a hand resting on her hip.

Warn me? Is she serious...?

"If anything happens to my son, I'll kill you." She threatened. She legitimately just threatened me. A demon. "So please don't make it hard for me...because I can see that he really cares about you."

She turned around to leave.

"Nothing will happen to him."

Hiromi stopped dead in her tracks, looking over her shoulder with caution. Her eyes widened when she saw me, no longer a cat, but a demon in its human form.

My cold gaze penetrated her very soul. She's the one who's been hurting him, and she comes and threatens me. She is demented.

"Now listen here, I'm the one who'll be warning you." I seethed. "If you dare hurt him, your life will be in my hands."

Her heart pounded against her chest, I could hear as it was beating at a rapid pace.

Getting off the chair, I strolled passed her, smirking when I saw the fear in her eyes. Fear....what a delectable feeling.

I nodded at her and went to Nagisa's room. The door of his room was unlocked, so once I was inside, I made sure to lock it for him.

My eyes landed on the bed, where he laid asleep with a space beside him where I always lay down every night. Getting on the bed, I made myself comfortable, turning on my side to watch him sleep.

An action that I find myself doing lately.

Nagisa shifted a little in his sleep, he moved so his head rested on my chest, using me as a pillow, his arms wrapped around my torso.

I hope he doesn't squeeze me to death...

Though I didn't mind it. It was comforting in a way. It might not be much...but his warmth...it made me feel safe. He's a lucky one, I wouldn't let anyone get this close with me...not after--