Your Soul ~ XVII

Oh what's this? An update? Haha, it's been so long! Have a pic of an adorable Nagi!!!
---

"Where do you think you're going? You can't escape from the ferocious lava momster, rawrrr!" The woman crouched on the floor in front of the boy, making a silly face and eskimo kissing her child. Said child who began to giggle uncontrollably at his mother.

That child is me, and that woman was my mother. I'm dreaming, that seems to be the only logical explanation.

I stood in a living room, the fragments of my imagination moving around me. I found a nearby chair to sit and watch the little memory before me.

     "Noooo! Mama is gonna catch me!" The little red haired boy squealed between giggles, getting on his knees and crawling away from his mother. Mother breathed out a laugh before playfully chasing him all around the room. In the end, she caught him. Lifting him in the air and twirling around with him in her arms. The action resulting in more wild giggles.

If I'm not mistaken, I was about seven years old at that time. I watched as she began to tickle seven-year-old me, who in response, started laughing a bit too loud. Kicking his legs and waving his arms around. If it wasn't for mother holding me, I would've fallen and that wouldn't have been pretty. So childish I was. I should've known more and maybe then, I wouldn't have...

"What are you two doing?" Spoke a man's voice. Both mother and child greeted the newcomer with a grin.

     "Papa!"

She put the boy down, who then ran to the man and clung to his leg. Mother went up to him and greeted him with a kiss, to which the child gagged at.

"Welcome back, Zee." She gave him a warm smile. "How was...work?"

That's when his face turned dark. "We need to talk."

He bent down so he was at the boy's eye level and placed a hand on his head. "Karma, why don't you play in your room? Your mom and I need to talk."

     "Okay!"

That's dad in his human form.  Haven't seen him like that in years. I stood from the chair and went to follow my child self, though before I could. I saw how I—seven-year-old me—hid behind a corner where he wasn't seen by either of the adults. The smile on his face fading away as soon as he was out of sight.

"It's almost time, Akane. I need to take him down there. You've seen the signs, he sneezes fire for crying out loud!" The King of all demons said in a hushed tone. "He needs to complete his transformation, if he doesn't, he'll stay human forever."

"And is that a bad thing?" Mother hissed back. "What makes you think I'll let him, a child, go to hell so he could become a demon, or a partial one? It's dangerous down there, why do you think I decided to live here on the human realm?"

Their voices were becoming muffled, they spoke some more but I couldn't hear them. Then, the scene changed all of a sudden. Everything was dark, I don't know where I am. It wasn't until light blinded my eyes that I heard the sound of children screaming and laughing. As I got used to the brightness, I noticed that I was in a playground. Though I was pretty far away from crowd of kids and adults.

And there I saw me—the seven-year-old—sitting on a bank, chatting with another child, one that reminded me a little too much of...

     "Nagi, is it weird that I don't like to play with anyone?"

...Nagisa?

"What do you mean? You play with me sometimes..." Replied the young bluenet, who's head rested on the redhead's shoulder.