9

You wanted to feel it, you wanted to feel the warmth of someone else hand on your face. But it was impossible. His hand fazed right through your face. You let out a quiet chuckle as you look down at the floor. "An illusion". He nods. "We all have sadness in our lives and I would much appreciate it if you kept yours to yourself". You felt a sudden surge of anger. How dare this bastard brush off your emotions like that? You wished to call him many things but held your tongue, sending him a glare before you stood up and walked over to your bed. He just chuckled, watching your back as you lay there, not wanting to see him. "What more could you expect?", he asks. You sigh and push your hair back. "I didn't expect anything but doing something like that to tease my emotions was uncalled for". You can still feel his eyes on you. "I do apologize but if you want my sympathy then you're going to have to try harder than that". You huff in annoyance. "I don't want your sympathy, you idiot. I don't want anything from you so just leave me alone".

After that, there was just silence. The large door opened and Natasha came in with two guards holding trays of food. "(Y/n) are you feeling alright?", she asks, noticing the sad expression on your face. You nod and sit up, fixing up your hair a little. "Yeah I'm fine, just remembered some stuff that I wished to forget". She sends you a sweet smile and takes a tray from one of the guards, holding it out to your cell. You got up off of the bed and walked over to her. You reached through the forcefield and took the tray from her hands, pulling it back into your confinement. "I'll see you tomorrow", she says with a wave. You wave back and return to your bed, slipping under the covers with your food. You pull you laptop out and put in some headphones, pulling up youtube. As you begin eating you notice the raven-haired man's eyes on you. You send him an annoyed sideways glance, hoping he would get that you didn't want to interact with him but he completely ignored that and continued to stare. Feeling irratated by his stubbornness you turned around so your back was facing him, beginning to eat while watching your screen intently.

"(Y/n)". You heard him call out to you but you decided it would be best to ignore him. "(Y/n) I know that you can hear me". Not wanted to hear his voice you turned up the volume on your computer. You expected him to keep talking but since you had your headphones in you couldn't hear. It only a second later when you looked up to see him standing in front of you. You huff and pull out your headphone, glaring up into his emerald eyes. "You think you can trick me with your illusions again?". You pick up a pillow and throw it at him only for him to disappear. You sigh and turn around to face him. "What do you want? You're seriously getting on my nerves, y'know". He shrugs his shoulders. "Like you said earlier, I am the god of mischief. Honestly I thought you would be a little more playful, concidering you are a ghost fairy". You glare at him. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't stereotype us, Asgardian. And we aren't 'ghost fairies', do you know how ridiculous that sounds?". He smirks lightly, finding amusement in your annoyed expression. "Okay then, if you aren't ghost fairies, what are you?". "We're called Spiriocris". He rolls his eyes. "That sounds like a made up word". You glare at him. "You got a problem with it, asshole? Don't think I won't come in there and beat your ass". He rests his chin in the palm of his hand as he continues to watch you. "You're quite fiesty, I didn't quite expect it at first since you seemed so fun and playful". You turn back around and continue eating. "One can only be fun and playful for so long, one wrong move and you've got yourself a free ticket on the death express". He hums quietly and leans back in the chair he was sitting in. "I suppose but what was it that I did that got you so mad at me". You didn't bother to speak. "Look, I know what you're trying to do but please stop. I don't have time to be getting upset over stupid things, the last thing I need is to lose the Avenger's trust and either end up on the streets or back in prison". You lay back down with your back to him, not wanting to look at the man who had been annoying you for the last half an hour. Sure you two had spent many days together so far but it didn't take much for him to annoy you.

You placed your food tray on the ground beside your bed and then climbed under the covers of your bed. "You aren't seriously going to sleep now, are you?", Loki calls out. Once again ignored he recieves no responce. You lay there in silence, not daring to roll over. You wanted to see how he would react, perhaps he was smirking like the bastard he was or maybe had a look of regret on his face. But the next thing he said confused you, leaving not only the cell but your mind silent. "I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway". Your lips parted slightly in surprise as you wondered whether you had heard him correctly or not. Maybe it was all a joke and after you roll over you would see a large sadistic grin on his face but you didn't really think he was like that. Was Loki a sadist? What were his morals? Did he try to take over Midgard and Asgard souly to show his power and watch other cower or was it to feel superior so that all of his insecurities would disappear? You but your lip in annoyance as hundreds of different images flickered through your head. The large vault door opened and a guard entered, heading over to the control panel to shut off the lights. Eventually you were left in darkness, the only thing left was the orange glow of the barrier. And even though you tried to keep your mouth shut you couldn't help but let it slip. "Good night". There was a moment of silence before you heard a small amount of movement and then he finally spoke. "Good night, (Y/n)". Sure it was pretty monotone but you could still hear the smile in it.

I'd like to think that as the god of mischief, Loki would really get on your nerves if he wanted to. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD