16

It's a lot quieter now. Loki doesn't say much and neither do you. It's been a few days since the night that you spent by his side, you two hadn't talked since. You weren't too sure how to act after all of that had happened, you tried to be nice but you could always feel the awkwardness in the air.

It was around dinner time that you arrived back at your cell, you had had an eventful day of hanging out with the Avengers and Sam in the labs on the top floor. The vault door slid open slowly, revealing the room that you knew all too well. You approached your cell, fazing through the wall to enter it. Your eyes drifted to the cell beside yours where Loki sat, he sat with his legs crossed in the middle of the floor. He looked as if something was on his mind, his eyes focusing straight in front of him. When he heard you enter your cell he turned to look at you, his face lighting up a little. You found it hard to ignore but he looked paler than usual. You walked over to the wall between the cells and sat down, a concerned expression on your face. "Loki?", you call. His eyes lock with yours, holding your gaze. He doesn't say anything but you can tell that all of his attention is on you. "Are you doing alright? You don't look too well". He opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out. He glares at the ground and attempts to do it again only to start choking.

He holds his hand over his mouth as he coughs loudly. Feeling even more worried then you currently were, you fazed through the wall and knelt beside him, placing one hand on his shoulder and the other on his back, patting it lightly. Eventually, he stopped and was able to calm down, his face a little red from the strain of the aggressive coughs. You let out a quiet sigh and met his eyes, almost finding yourself lost within his emerald hues. "Loki, you're scaring me. Are you feeling okay?". He doesn't say anything, he just continues to watch you. But before he can even come up with an answer, all light leaves his eyes. His body falls limp as his eyes close, he had fallen unconscious.

Before his head could hit the ground you caught him, lowering him down slowly. You bit your lip in irritation, you couldn't understand why this was happening to him, he was supposed to be a god. Your eyes then drifted to several food filled containers which sat beneath his bed, partially hidden by a blanket. You mentally cursed and gazed down at the unresponsive male. You had so many questions which needed to be answered and you wouldn't be satisfied until you got them. The sudden sound of the vault door slowly opening caught your attention, snapping you out of your stressed state. Your eyes widened. What would the Avengers think if they found you in Loki's cell while he was unconscious? You quickly picked him up and put him in bed, pulling his blankets over him before sprinting back into your cell.

The guards entered and placed a container of food in both yours and Loki's cell before leaving. Once you knew they were gone you rushed back through the cell wall, taking a seat on his bed beside him. It only took a few minutes before he came to, trying to sit up. As he attempted to you pushed him back down. "You don't have enough energy to be moving by yourself", you say sternly. He opens his mouth and nothing comes out just like earlier. You place your hand up to stop him. "Before you say... or try to say anything, I want you to tell me why you're not eating". His eyes widened a little, looking like a child that had been caught red-handed. "Loki, please. Why aren't you eating? You're worrying me". You watch as he tries to sit up again, so you place your hands on his shoulders, assisting him. Once he's up he pants a little, resting his forehead on your shoulder. You couldn't help but wrap your arms around him, enjoying the feeling of his warmth against you. You were surprised when a single word slipped out of his mouth. "Why?". You held onto him, refusing to let go, your grip tightening a little. "Because I care about you, Loki".

Just got over my writer's block so here are 2 chapters, fresh out of my brain hole. Hope you enjoy! Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD