25

Tony let out a loud sigh as he relaxed, leaning back in his seat. The limousine drove smoothly along the road, allowing the brunette to unwind after a long day of work. He felt a little bad for (Y/n) since he spent a long time working, completely forgetting that she was there. She was patient and understanding, two of the many things he treasured about her. He also partially regretted making her leave with Sam since she said she didn't want to go with him, now that he thought about it he wondered if something bad had happened between them. These new thoughts really started to worry the Ironman and make him wish that he would've asked someone else to pick her up instead.

Snapping him from his thoughts was the feeling of his phone vibrating in his pocket. He had left his phone on silent all day, focussing only on (Y/n). Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his phone, the illuminated screen displayed a picture of (Y/n) smiling brightly.

(Y/n) is calling...

Without hesitation he answered the call, holding it to his ear.

"Hello?" A few sniffles were heard before the caller spoke.

"T-Tony?" (Y/n) asked quietly. Feeling concerned for the young woman he bit his lips, hoping that everything was going to be alright.

"Yeah, I'm here. Are you alright?"

"N-no, where are you?"

"I'm on my way back to the tower"

"Can you pick me up?" Tony was surprised to hear you ask this, he was sure that you would already be back. He thought you'd be back in your cell, already asleep, exhausted from all of the memories which flooded back into your mind when you revisited two of the most special places in your life.

"Of course, where are you?" he asked, leaning forward in his seat. (Y/n) cleared her throat, pausing for a moment before giving a reply.

"I-I don't know." Tony let out a small sigh, an uneasy feeling filling his stomach.

"Don't worry, I'll have your phone tracked and we'll come pick you up. Stay where you are, we'll be there soon."

(Y/n)

You shivered as an icy breeze blew past you. You regretted not bringing something warm to wear, you hadn't expected to be staying out so late. Trying to shoo away your goosebumps you rubbed up and down your arms, but no matter how much you did it you couldn't stop shivering. You were currently sitting on the steps in front of a library, after Tony had called you, you had sat down here. You were vulnerable and afraid at this time, you were lost in a city you had never been to before. 

You sighed as thoughts of what Sam said to you returned. You didn't believe a word of them but it still hurt to hear. Taking a deep breath you looked off in the direction you had come from. When Sam had said those things to you, you ran off, not caring where you were going or where you were going to end up. You started off by just running away but Sam followed you, shouting his apologies. You weren't sure whether you should give him a chance to redeem himself or just keep running. You decided to go with the latter. From then on you began using your abilities, fazing through buildings and losing the spectacled man with ease.

You let out a long breath, a large cloud of warm air visible for a second before instantly dissipating. A small smile graced your lips as you remembered doing it as a child. You'd puff up your chest and breathe the warm air out in one large breath, pretending that you were a dragon. Without you realising it, a limousine entered the street you were waiting on. It drove along, pulling up beside the library you were sitting in front of. You had expected the chauffeur to get out and open the door for you, instead, the door opened and Tony got out. He rushed out of the fancy car and to your side, checking you for injuries.