22

You exited the building for the first time since you arrived there. The sun shone brightly in the light blue sky, occasionally being covered by the clouds which lay scattered across it. It was a lovely day, one where you would generally spend in the junkyard, either scavenging parts of welding them together. As a child, you never had the opportunity or money to visit the beach or travel. You wished you could have. The world fascinated you, every single thing, living and non-living.

Tony walked by your side towards a black limousine which was parked in front of the building. Being from a poor family, if you could even call it that, made you appreciate the smallest things and see unnecessary things like this strange. You were hesitant as you approached the fancy vehicle, your pace slowing down as you drew nearer. Tony noticed this and placed a hand on your shoulder, sending you a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about a thing, I've got everything uncontrol", he chuckled. You stopped walking and shook your head, confidently meeting his gaze.

"No, its nothing like that. It's just that this is a little unnecessary, especially when we're going to the neighbourhood where I grew up. I don't want to draw too much attention to us...", you trailed off, nervously looking to the ground. Tony's lips formed a line as he thought about what he could do to make you feel better about this trip. When an idea came to mind he smiled, adjusting the sunglasses which rested on the bridge of his nose. He turned to one of the guards.

"Could you please call my assistant and arrange another car, preferably one which won't stand out too much in a lower neighbourhood? Something that a guy with a nine to five desk job would have?". The guard nodded, giving a quiet 'Of course, Sir' before hurrying back into the building. You disliked the way Tony had said 'lower neighbourhood' but held your tongue, knowing that talking back wasn't going to get you anywhere. You took a deep breath and calmed yourself down, even though the place you grew up wasn't the most appealing it was still your home. The people were kind to you, they were like your family. Sometimes they would give you food, clothes and your favourite thing to receive, books. Sure you stole from people but not the kind ones who gave you a piece of what little they had. Smiling lightly at your feet you caught the attention of Tony who had stood beside you as the two of you waited for the new car to show up.

It didn't take long before it arrived, you couldn't help by giggle at how out of place the smartly dressed chauffeur looked in the small average looking car. He parked the tiny vehicle in the place where the Limo once sat and exited the car with an uncomfortable expression on his face. Having to drive a car so small and impractical was probably not something he expected to be doing when he applied for a job under Tony. You were amused by the situation but hid all signs of it to avoid conversation with Tony. It's not that you didn't want him talking to you, it was just that you were lost in your thoughts. Memories of your terrible yet enjoyable past filled your mind.

Perfection was different for everyone and your view was far from anyone else's. You didn't see money or possessions, you saw happiness and relationships. When you were growing up you only had your father and 95% of the time he was under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. He was still kind and loving, different from other people's parents in the same situation. As a child, you were able to block anything out which didn't fit into your dreamland, not the screams of the couple next door during their domestic or the occasional firing of a gun on the street.

"(Y/n)". You turned towards the person who had called your name, wanting to know why they needed you. Tony was standing beside the car, holding the door to the passenger side open for you. Pushing your thoughts to your side you rushed to the car and sat down, watching as Tony got into the driver's seat. You slammed your door closed and put your seatbelt on, adjusting your sitting position.