17

You release him from the embrace and look down at your lap. You knew exactly how he would react, he would be confused. Wondering why this woman he barely knew was saying this about him. "I-I don't know how to say this". You fiddle with the hem of your hoodie. "I care about you, Loki. It's hard for me to explain all of this... I've never been close with anyone until now". You pause as you brush a strand of hair out of your face, tucking it behind your ear. "Since I arrived here I was able to get closer to people, for the first time people actually got the time to know me and now I've got friends. But this... whatever it is between us... I can't explain it. It's something I've never felt it before but I-I...", you stop, not knowing how to finish. "I... I have all of these unexplainable feelings when I'm around you, Loki. And when I see you hurting, starving yourself... it hurts me, I hate seeing you like this". You look up at him, your heart suddenly beginning to speed up. His full attention is on you, he looks so focused that he doesn't even blink. You sigh and avert your gaze, moving to the cell wall behind him. "Forget about it", you laugh sadly. "It's probably something stupid anyway". You turn your attention back to the raven-haired man when you feel something touch your face. It was his hand, it shook slightly but it was gentle. His thumb softly caressed your cheek, it was almost loving. You leaned into his touch, enjoying the attention and affection, it was all new to you and you found it addicting.

He then moved his hand from your cheek, down your jawline to your chin where he pulled you forward lightly. Your eyes widened slightly as his face drew closer to yours, his eyes closing slowly as his lips met yours. They were soft but a little chapped, you expected it since he hadn't eaten or drunken anything in a while.

After getting over the shock, you melted into the kiss, wrapping your arms around his weak figure. Sure he was the same build as he was not long ago but the lack of food made his body weaker. His body shook slightly, you could tell that he was struggling as he held his breath. He didn't want to let go and neither did you, but you had to. You pulled away and pulled him closer to you, comfortingly rubbing his back as he panted, trying to regain his breath. Your eyes widened when you felt something pounding against your chest which wasn't your own heart. You moved your head down to Loki's chest, hearing the loud beating of his heart with ease.

You pull away and stare into his eyes, placing your hand over his heart so you can feel it thump against your hand. "You feel it too?". He gives a slow nod. "What does it mean?", you ask. A weak smile graces his lips as he lets out an inaudible chuckle. "It means that I love you".

You sat in silence just watching him, unsure how to respond. You pull your hands to your face, giggling a little. "I guess that means I love you too", you say quietly, your other hand resting over your own crazily beating heart. He nods and pulls you in for a hug, wrapping his arms around you. You could feel him gently shaking, reminding you of the food which his body desperately needed.

You pulled away and picked up the container, placing it on to the bed while you removed the lid. Loki gave you a questionable look. "Loki, you have to eat. If you don't then you're going to be weak, shaken and almost mute for the rest of your very short life. You know you can't live without food". He sighs, turning his face away from you. "Loki", you sigh. "If you won't eat then I'll just have to feed you". You scoop up some of the food with your fork, bringing it up to his face. He leans away from it, obviously not wanting any. Unfortunately for him, you weren't the type of person who gives up easily. You took his chin in your free hand and placed a sweet kiss on his lips. "How about this? I'll give you a kiss everytime you take a bite". He nods with half-lidded eyes, his lack of energy was really wearing out his body. You brought the fork back up, getting him to take it in his mouth, chew and then swallow it. After each scoop, you would lean in and kiss him. He would take a bite, frowning due to not wanting it and then smile once he received a kiss from you. It happened over and over again until all of the food was gone.

The vault door opened allowing a few guards to enter. You were already comfortable in bed, and this one wasn't your own. You lay with Loki against your back, his arms wrapped around you. On your bed lay a vision of yourself created by Loki. He squeezed you lightly, placing a kiss on the back of your neck as the lights go out. And tonight instead of hearing good night like every other time, you heard something else. "I love you", Loki whispers into your hair. You smile lightly and close your eyes. "I love you too".

I hope that was alright. I had writer's block for this story and was really stuck on the story. I know what's going to happen in the end but I got a little stuck on the events leading up to it. Sorry if you didn't like it or something, I hope y'all enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD