Prologue

Welcome to the sequel to Heaven and River's story, which I said probably wouldn't happen. But oh well, it's happening.

Enjoy.

--------------------

Thirteen years ago...

Heaven's POV

"I'm s-sorry! R-River, I'm sorry!" I cry hysterically.

River rubs my back. "I know Heaven, I know. I don't blame you, you tried your best to protect him."

I hiccup, "th-they were t-too strong. It's m-my fault he's g-gone. Our l-little Lucas."

"We'll find him," River says. "I promise Heaven, we'll find him. I'm just glad you're alive."

His fingers rest lightly on the stitches in the right side of my chest. The rogue's claws almost pierced my lung. He nearly killed me, and he would have if it wasn't for Kae.

"Mummy, why you crying?" Danielle asks softly.

I look up at my five year old daughter. I never heard her enter the room. I hold my arms out to her and she climbs onto my lap. River wraps one arm around her, keeping the other around my shoulders.

"I'm OK, sweetie," I whisper softly. "I just messed up."

No one speaks for a while.

"Mummy, where 'ucas?" Danielle says eventually. "Wanna pay wif 'ucas."

I look at River, my expression hopeless and lost. What do we tell her?

Part of the truth, he whispers, kissing my forehead before answering our daughter.

"Lucas is gone," he tells Danielle softly.

She looks up at him with teary eyes. "When he come back?"

"We don't know honey," I whisper.

Then the cries start again. I hold my daughter to my chest, both of us crying. River tightens his grip on us, his face buried in my neck.

I hear the door open quietly. Someone sits down on my other side, putting their hand on my thigh comfortingly.

"We'll find him, Heaven," Hellor says. "And that's a promise."

I look up at my brother, tears still falling down my face. I let my gaze sweep over the others who came in with Hellor. Alaska, Crow, Cessa, Amos and Kae. The kids must be with the pack caretakers.

I can't help but smile slightly. It felt good to know that they had my back. And that makes me stronger. Determining flows through my body.

I'll find my son, if it's the last thing I ever do.