Scar 14

Lucas' POV

My eyes snap open.

I breathe heavily, flashes of the nightmare running through my mind.

I look around the room. I'm in my bed, in our bedroom. I guess Jake carried me up some time last night. Jake is lying beside me, facing me, eyes open and watching me, concerned.

"You OK?" he asks.

"Yeah," I mumble. "Just another nightmare, of us fighting River, along with the rest of them. When did you bring me up here?"

Jake yawns. "Around an hour after we fell asleep. I was uncomfortable but still wanted to cuddle. So I lugged your fat ass upstairs and here."

"My ass is not fat," I scoff. "I know yours is though. And tight."

I grab his ass, squeezing and making him inhale sharply at the sudden action. He pushes my arm away, glaring at me and rubbing his ass cheek.

"Did you have to squeeze that hard?" he asks accusingly.

I smirk. "Yep. What, is your ass sore? Did you use a dildo last night?"

"No, but I rode you while you slept," Jake replies, smirking back.

"You could've at least woken me," I say, faking a whiny tone. "What time is it?"

Jake looks at the clock. "Almost 8:30."

"Too early," I mutter, pulling the covers over my head and closing my eyes.

The covers shift as Jake pulls them over his head as well. I feel him shuffle closer to me, and feel his back press against my chest so we're spooning. I wrap one arm around his waist, pulling him closer. He lets out a quiet, content moan.

I smile, and let myself fall back asleep.

--------------------

When I wake up again, I'm freezing.

My teeth chatted as my body shivers. I press myself against Jake, trying to find any warmth coming from him. Unfortunately for me, he's in the cold too, so his body is just as cold as mine.

His eyes flutter, and he groans. "Why couldn't we have just left the pack tonight instead of last night? I never want to go through this shit again."

I force my body up and out of bed, dragging the blankets with me, making Jake whine.

"Get your own," I mumble, pointing at his bed and wrapping the covers around my shivering body.

He quickly gets up and grabs the covers of this bed, wrapping them around himself. "Turn up the heat, I'm still freezing."

I nod and walk out of the room with Jake following. We head downstairs, and while Jake heads into the living room, I turn up the heat in the house. Then I join Jake on the couch.

"This was easier to go through when we could fuck," I mutter.

Jake nods agreement. "But I'm not hurting Danni."

"I'm not cheating on Ri either," I reply. I look at the clock, "damn, still two hours before the attack."

"Gym?" Jake suggests.

"Sure."

--------------------

Jake and I stand beside Trenton, in front the rest of the rogues, facing them. I can see someone them shivering, and hear teeth chattering.

"Ready?" Trenton shouts. A chorus of excited growls and snarls fills the air. Trenton turns to me, "Killer, lead us there."

I nod, a cruel smirk plastered on my lips. "Let's go work up a sweat and stop our asses from freezing."