Scar 6

Lucas' POV

When River pulls away and releases me, he looks triumphantly at Crow.

"What?" Crow asks.

"I told you he would look like me," River says.

Crow rolls his eyes. "And I told you we're identical twins. He looks like either of us."

River scoffs. "And I then told you I'm his daddy, therefore he looks like me."

"Then I said he looks like a potato," Amos chimes in, grinning.

"And the three musketeers are back," Riana mutters under her breath.

"What was that, Ri?" Amos says.

"Nothing, Father," Riana replies innocently.

Kae, Crow and Cessa snicker as Amos scowls. River has went back to stand beside Heaven and Riana is beside me again. Jake and Danielle are still a few feet away from the door.

"I told you not to call me that," Amos says. "I like Papa. Or daddy."

Amos throws a smirk at Kae, who smacks him.

Riana shivers. "Don't say stuff like that in front of me. Those images are nasty and they don't go away."

Amos shrugs, "not my fault you have a dirty mind."

"Actually it is," Danielle pipes up. "You, along with Dad and Uncle Crow, don't have a filter."

"She's right you know," Cessa says.

"What's a filter?" I ask, smirking. "I've never heard of such a thing."

"Definitely my son," River says in a stage whisper to Heaven.

"And my nephew," Crow and Amos say in unison.

"Well I should hope so," Heaven replies to River. "Unless you're inquiring that I cheated."

She smirks when River growls softly and wraps his arms around her. "Mine."

I see Jake watching me, his expression curious.

I don't want that life anymore, I explain. So I might as well let them get to know the real me, no mask and no guard.

Jake nods. I was waiting for you to say that. I want to stay here too. So... I'll let you tell Trenton that he's lost two of his strongest rogues.

I scowl. Fine, but I'm dragging your a$$ there to go down with me.

We'll see about that, Jake replies.

"Yes, we will see," I say aloud, smirking.

"You know he won't take it lightly," Jake murmurs. "If we stay at the pack he hates, and that has killed hundreds of his rogues, including my parents."

"What are you two talking about?" River asks. "Who's this 'he' your talking about?"

I can't fully decode the emotions in his voice. I can hear suspicion, along with protectiveness and slight curiosity, along with something else I can't figure out.

Jake and I look at each other.

Tell, don't tell. What'd you think? I ask.

Might as well tell who Trenton is, Jake replies.

I look at River. "The 'he' is the leader of the rogue group we were in."

"'Were?'" River repeats, raising a brow. "Are you not still in it?"