Epilogue

One year later...

Lucas' POV

"Ready?" River asks.

"No," I reply.

"You'll be fine," River says. "You're a great leader, Lucas."

He gives me a reassuring smile. I return it nervously, fidgeting with my hands.

"Come on, Amos says everyone's here," River says, looking out the pack house window at the pack gathered in the backyard.

He leads me outside to the stage where Riana, Jake, Amos and Crow are waiting. We stand in the middle of the stage, facing the crowd of wolves.

"Nightstalker," River starts, "today is the day I hand the Alpha title over to my son, Lucas. He's chosen to take over the role as leader of the pack, and I know he'll do a great job."

I smile, some of my nerves disappearing. River turns to me, holding his hand out. I place my hand on top of his, looking at him.

"Lucas, do you promise to help and protect the pack to the best of your ability?" River asks.

I nod. "I promise."

"Do you promise to be a fair leader, and give justice that leaves others satisfied?"

"I promise."

"And do you, Lucas, promise to never abuse the alpha rank and power, and to never use your alpha voice when unnecessary?"

"I promise."

River smiles. "Then I, River Blood, give the alpha title over Nightstalker pack, to you, Lucas Blood."

I feel the Alpha rank transfer to me. Jake shoots me a grin as the pack lets out loud howls.

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but Jake is made Beta, Riana made Luna. I asked Crow's son Will, Hellor's son Dane, and they both agreed to be my Gamma and Delta.

Once the ceremony is over, everyone is the pack who is able to shifts into their wolf forms. We all start running, me in the lead, Riana on my right and Jake on my left. The rest of our family follows us with the pack.

This feels amazing, Geo says.

I know, I reply.

If I'm being honest, I'm surprised with how my life turn out. For most of my life I was a rogue. Thirteen years of attacks and masks, fighting to survive each day. Now, I have a pack, and a family. Life's not just fighting and killing anymore. It's freedom, and spending time the people I love and care about.

I love this life. The life I could've had from the start if I wasn't a rogue. But of course, I didn't choose to be a rogue.

I was a Rogue by Force.