Scar 18

Lucas' POV

I hear voices, and a heart monitor.

I can smell everyone's scents. Jake and my whole family.

How long was I out? I'm guessing a week or two. Maybe I'll have some fun with them, because I'm an ass.

I let out a soft groan, and turn my head a bit to the side. I hear a few sharp inhales. Riana grabs my hand, I can tell it's her because of the sparks.

I open my eyes slowly as someone makes the one end of the bed raise so I'm sitting up.

I look around. "Where am I? Who are you?"

I force myself not to smirk as my family's eyes widen. Beside me, Jake only looks unamused, knowing what I'm doing.

Really, Lucas? He asks accusingly. You've been out almost a month, they don't need this bullshit too.

My eyes widen. Seriously? A month?

Yes, seriously, Jake snaps. They've all been worried about you. Unlike the past times you've pulled this stunt, these people really care about you.

Sorry, I didn't think I was out for so long, I reply.

"Jake," Danielle says. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing," he replies. "Just this bitch playing games."

He pinches my arm, sending me a glare. I wince, both in pain and shame, and give him an apologetic look.

"Don't look at me like that," he says. "I'm not the one who fell for your little trick."

"Trick?" Riana repeats, looking at me. "You remember, don't you."

I wince again and nod, mumbling, "sorry."

She slaps my arm, glaring at me. "You should be. You're an asshole."

I can't help but smirk. "I am what I eat."

Riana groans and hits me again as I laugh. Jake chuckles, shaking his head fondly.

"So, what'd I miss?" I ask.

"Well, the rogues are all dead or were sent to Bloodlust pack for Alpha Drake to play with," River says.

"Ouch," I mutter, wincing. "They'll have fun there."

"We burned Trenton's body," Jake says. "Oh, and Ri said she loved you about 200 times."

When I look at her, Riana blushes and mumbles. "It's true though, I do love you, Lucas."

I smile. "I love you too, Ri."

--------------------

River holds my wrist, looking right into my eyes. "Lucas Blood, do you promise to be always be loyal to this pack, and to never go against them?"

"I promise," I reply strongly.

"Do you promise to help those in the pack who need it or ask for it?"

"I promise."

"And, should you choose to take on the Alpha title, will you, Lucas Blood, promise to be fair and just as you lead this pack?"

I nod. "I promise."

Just like before, River bites my wrist. I feel the pack link in my mind, and once again block out everyone except my family. River releases my arms and looks at me with a bright smile.

"It's good to have you back, Lucas," he says, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I smile back. "It's good to be back."

"And we're not going anywhere," Jake adds, appearing beside me after having done the pack vows with Heaven again. "You're stuck with us, whether you like it or not."

River grins. "Well, I need someone to help us keep things interesting around here, right Clover, Birdbrain?"

Amos and Crow both roll their eyes at the nicknames but nod, saying in unison, "right, Creek."

River shoots them a playful glare.

"Hey guys, remember the party we had after Mallor senior died?" Cessa asks randomly. "The videos Heaven and I got?"

"Oh my god, yes." Heaven grins. "Those are great. Best prank results we've had."

"Best, huh?" I ask. I grin, "let's see if Jake and I can beat it."

Identical, mischievous grins appear on the lips of Jake, River, Amos and Crow.

"Prank war!" Jake shouts.

"You're on!" Amos says.

"Oh god," Danielle groans. "Tell the pack to lock their doors and stay at the pack house."

"Right, rules," Heaven says. "1, No pulling pranks in the pack house. Around it outside, fine, but not inside. 2, nothing that could end with someone in the hospital. And 3, get everything on video."

"Got it," I say.

Jake nods in agreement. Heaven looks at River, Crow and Amos.

"We'll follow the rules," Crow says defensively. "What are you looking at us like that for?"

"So us three against you two?" Amos asks, looking at Jake and I.

I look at Jake, who nods. "It ends after ten days, or one side surrenders."

"We are so gonna win this," River says, grinning.

I smirk. "We'll see."