Scar 9

Trenton's POV

"Make sure they get the message," I growl.

"And give it directly to Killer and Prince," the rogue recites. "Ask for them if needed, don't let a Nightstalker wolf pass it on to them."

I nod. "And do your best to not get caught, I don't need my numbers going down even more. Wait the whole day for all I care, but if you see a weak spot in their defense, go for it. Understand?"

"Yes Mallor," the rogue says, his head bowed.

I nod. "Good. Now go."

The rogue shifts and runs off towards Nightstalker territory. I go back inside my house, the rogue base, and head up to my office. Sitting at my maple-wood desk, I look through my notes of what the rogues said about the attack yesterday.

Prince's diversion went well, but they had guards around the pack house to stop Killer. Prince was ganged up on and taken down by at least half of the wolves his group had been fighting. Killer surrendered to save Prince, no surprise there. And now both of them are with Nightstalker, and fitting right in.

Killer will have found out about his parentage, but I don't think of it. He was taught to loathe that pack, and I can see that he enjoys fighting. The only way he'd turn on me is if Prince did first, and with the fact that he thinks Nightstalker killed his parents, there so way Prince would join them.

Soon, River will be dead, and Killer will be the alpha of Nightstalker pack.

Then I can continue where my dad left off.

Lucas' POV

"Are you sure it's there?" Crow asks.

I purse my lips and pretend to think. "On second thought, maybe the base was in Antarctica." Crow gives me a 'really?' look. "Of course some sure it's there," I say, pointing at the map. "I spent thirteen years journeying around the country to attack packs, and I needed to know where it was and how to find my way back."

Crow, River and Amos all wince slightly when I mention my past. I wince a little bit too, thinking of the life I lived, and the life I could've had if the rogues hadn't managed to kidnap me. Then again, if they failed, I'd've never met Jake.

We're in River's office, and Jake and I are giving information on our past rogue group to River, Amos and Crow. River is typing key points of our words up on his laptop while Amos and Crow ask most of the questions.

"It's on the northwestern side of Arcton, right around here," Jake says, gesturing to where he said. "It's about a thirty minutes run from here to there."

"Can you find exactly where it is?" River asks, turning his laptop around to face Jake and I.

The screen is on google maps, showing the small town Arcton.

"It won't be on there, it's well-hidden by trees," I say, zooming in and moving map so the screen shows the aerial view of the base and turning the laptop back to face River.

It looks like nothing but trees, but Jake and I know that the rogue base is there. Trenton chose that place because the trees surrounding it would be the perfect cover. Humans think the forest is too thick for anything to be built there.

"On the run from here to there, I always go by landmarks to know how much farther there is to go," I say. I send images of said landmarks through my mind-links to River, Amos and Crow. "From the base to here, there's a dead, lightning-struck tree at the first quarter point, a small cave around the halfway point, and a few boulders at the three-quater mark."