Scar 2

Lucas' POV

"Take the twins and get to the bunker," says a strong male voice. "We'll hold them off. C'mon Hellor, Crow, Amos."

Fear is racing through my veins. What's happening? I feel myself being carried by someone who's running. Whoever's carrying me is also holding a girl with a blurry face. I can't tell who it is. The person runs into a pack house when suddenly the world spins and I'm lying on the ground, pain racing through my body.

"Lucas!" yells a female voice.

I sit up and see a big scary man coming towards me. I scoot backwards, trying to get away.

Fight! I scream in my head. Get up and fight!

But as I can't make my body move. I'm not frozen, but I'm not in control of my body. My five-year old self is. I scoot back until I'm pressed against the wall. Tears fall down my face as my body shakes in fear. The scary man reaches to grab my arm but he's tackled by a big tan coloured wolf.

The wolf growls at him, locked her jaws around the rogue's forearm. The rogue manages to throw her off. Instead of lunging for the rogue again, the tan wolf comes and stands protectively in front of me. I see the blurry-faced young girl peeking out from behind a door that must lead to the bunker.

The rogue lunges for the wolf. The wolf claws at the rogue, but he doesn't back down. Instead he shifts and lunges again. The wolf is too slow to dodge and he collides with her. He claws at her body, causing blood to flow freely from her body as she tries to fling him of her.

I scream and cover my eyes. The rogue looks back at me and stalks closer, low growls escaping his lips. I push myself into the wall and scoot along it until I'm backed into a corner.

The rogue shifts back into his human form. He reaches for me again and like before, the tan coloured wolf appears and tries to take him down. Her fur is red with her blood, and her movements are weak. The rogue easily throws her off him and across the room. The wolf slams into the wall and shifts back. Her face is blurred out too.

Her body is covered is claw marks, and one on the right side of her chest looks especially deep.

"Leave my son alone," she growls weakly, trying to get up.

The rogue walks over to her. "Why should I?"

"River will have your head," she spits.

"And maybe I'll have yours," the rogue laughs.

His wraps his hand around her neck and squeezes. The woman chokes and claws at his hand but he doesn't let go.

I scream again but the rogue ignores me. The woman's face is turning purple now and she's losing consciousness. Then suddenly another man appears, barreling into the rogue and forcing him to release the woman. The rogue doesn't spare him a second glance before he runs towards me and grabs me before taking off and running out of the house.

"Lucas!" The woman's voice yells.

The rogue runs around the side the house and sets me down, keeping his body hovering over mine so I can't get away. He shifts again before grabbing my body in his jaws and bolting into the woods. The man that saved the woman earlier shifts and chases after us.

I scream as loud as I can until my throat burns. Something hard hits my head.

Then the world goes black.

"Lucas. Lucas, wake up."

My eyes snap open. My breathing is heavy, as if I just ran half of a marathon and my body is covered with a cold sweat. Jake is hovering at the side of my bed, his hand on my shoulder. He pulls his hand away when he sees I'm awake. Tossing the covers off my body, I sit up and try to slow my breathing.

"That same nightmare again, huh?" he asks, smiling weakly.

"Yeah. It's not just a nightmare though," I answer. "It's a memory, I know it is. From when I was younger, and in a pack."

"What pack do you think?" Jake says, sitting on the side of my bed.

"I don't know. It was more vivid and clear this time. I heard names. Hellor, Crow, Amos and... River."

Jake draws in a sharp breath. "You don't think you were a Nightstalker wolf, do you?"

"I don't know," I reply softly. "It wouldn't change anything between us if I was, right? I mean, with your parents and all...?"

"No, of course not," Jake says. "I just find it hard to comprehend. I mean, we've had no clue where you're from, who your parents are, now we find it's possible you're from Nightstalker, the pack we're attacking in about two hours."

I look at the clock and see we do have about two hours till dawn. Not a bad sleep then. Usually I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

"You wanna do something to pass the time?" Jake murmurs. "We only need about twenty minutes to shower, get dressed and ready and run to HQ."

"Do something like what?" I ask, smirking slightly.

I know where he's going with this.

Instead of replying, Jake trails his fingertips over my thigh, his eyes stating connected with mine.

"No strings attached?" he asks.

"No strings attached," I confirm. I groan as he loosely grasps my manhood. "No topping though, neither of us can have a sore a$$ today."

Jake nods and connects our lips. Fvck morning breath.

Even without putting it in, we don't separate for a long while.

------------------

"Ready boys?" I ask, my voice cold. "We got a thirty minute run ahead of us to get to Nightstalker."

The group is made up of about fifty rogues, all of them strong fighters. Not all of them were at the meeting yesterday, some of them we told by other rogues about the attack today.

"Now we can't have any pvssies on the team," I continue. "We need strong rogues that won't hold the rest of us back. Remember you could die today in the fight, but don't let your death be in vain, fight with everything you have. We're rogues, something packs hate and possibly even fear. So let's do this and kick some furry wolf a$$!"

Most of the rogues let out a cheer, while some just look bored.

I undress and shift before taking off towards Nightstalker pack. Jake runs beside me, easily weaving between the trees. We make sure to stay on neutral territory so we don't accidentally provoke a different pack.

If I die, Lucas, just know you're the best friend I could've asked for, Jake says.

Don't say that, I growl. You're not dying because if you do, I'll come find you in h3ll and kill you again... But you've always been a brother to me.

I love you like a brother, Lucas, Jake murmurs. I always will.

Right back at you, Jake, I reply softly.

We slow our pace as we get closer to Nightstalker. We stop about a mile away from the border and I let the rogues rest just enough to catch their breath.

I face the rogues. Alright mutts, let's do this. Twenty of you go around to the other side and and sneak onto the territory. You'll purposely be spotted and cause a huge distraction so the rest of us can get further onto the territory and find the targets. Got it?

All of them nod. I separate them into two groups and the group of twenty off with Jake. I get the other group to roll in the dirt to cover their scent.

A loud howl sounds from somewhere on Nightstalker territory.

We've got them here, Jake says. The Beta and Alpha are here fighting.

Good. Keep them tied up and stay alive, I reply.

Jake snorts. Don't worry, I have no plans to meet Satan or Big J any time soon. Go get 'em, Killer.

Good luck, Prince, I murmur.

I lead the rest of the rogues to the edge of the territory.

I take a deep breath and make the first step onto Nightstalker lands.