Scar 4

The house ^

Heaven's POV

Trees whip past me.

Are you sure? I ask. Are you absolutely certain it's him?

Yes Heaven, Amos replies. He acts like an Alpha, even if he doesn't know it. And he looks almost exactly like River did at eighteen.

When I reach the prison, Amos is outside waiting for me. Without a word, he heads inside and I follow him. Crow probably knew I was gonna just wander the tunnels alone and get lost again. It's his fault, he let me go in there alone!

River was in an important meeting with some of the other Alphas when the rogues attacked and now he's back in the meeting. We all know better than to disturb him. So we'll tell him about our son later.

I feel nervousness and excitement bubbling inside me. Finally, I'll have my son back. Maybe Danielle will finally speak again.

Finally, I'll be able to tell him how sorry I am that I wasn't strong enough to protect him.

Lucas' POV

"What's your name?" Crow asks Jake curiously. Jake eyes him suspiciously, making Crow shrug. "Just trying to make conversation. You two are gonna be staying here in our pack now, might as well get comfortable."

"What makes you think we'll stay here?" I say coldly.

Crow raises an eyebrow at me before his eyes widen slightly in realization. "How much of your childhood do you remember? Before you became a rogue."

"Hardly anything," I reply. "Just a rogue attack when I was five. A rogue almost killing a woman before grabbing me. I remember a few names, yours, Amos, Hellor and River."

Crow smiles sadly. "Well, that's something at least. Not the best time, but it happened. Unfortunately."

He scowls and growls lowly, looking down as he relives some past memory.

Jake studies him for a few seconds. "My name is Jake."

Crow looks up and smiles slightly. "Nice to meet you, Jake. I'm Crow, the Gamma of Nightstalker."

I watch as my best friend slowly lowers his mask, but remains ready to put it back on at a second's notice.

What are you doing? I ask.

This can be our chance to get out of the rogue life, Jake replies. They know - well knew - you Lucas. We can find out your past and get away from Trenton, at least for a while.

I guess... I mumble. But what about 'weakness gets you killed?'

Don't show weakness. Let them in, but not all the way in, Jake answers.

Hesitantly, I lower my guard slightly. My body relaxes and my expression softens. Crow smiles slightly, almost knowingly, like he understands why I remain cautious.

I hear footsteps. Two people, one stepping lighter than the other. Either one person is trying to be quiet, or they're smaller than the other person.

Amos appears on the other side of the bars with an excited and nervous looking female. Her light brown hair rests on her shoulders and her light brown eyes lock on to me. She's shorter than both of the men, but they clearly respect her and not just because she radiates the power of a Luna. They respect and trust her on a personal level, like they're family or close friends.

"Brought you two some shorts," Amos says, passing Jake and I two pairs of shorts through the bars.

"Why? Does my d!ck make you uncomfortable?" I smirk as Jake and I pull the shorts on.