Scar 16

Lucas' POV

We all collide.

Immediately, the fight is on. Our growls and snarls fill air, joining the other sounds of fighting from the other wolves surrounding us.

It's two against one, Jake and I against Trenton. If I was a noble and honorable man, I'd tell Jake to step back and let me fight Mallor myself. But I'm not, so it's staying an unfair fight. Fair or unfair, no matter the odds, the outcome of this battle will either change my life forever, or end in the death of Jake and I.

I'm not willing to make the risk of death bigger; Trenton's a skilled fighter. I don't want to die, not yet.

I'm not losing this fight.

Trenton swipes at my face, so I grab his paw in my jaws, biting down hard before letting go. Clearly ignoring the pain, Trenton doesn't keep that paw off the ground, he still stands on it.

Jake tries tackling him, but Trenton jumps over his attack. While he's looking at Jake, I jump on his back. Trenton doesn't go down, he stays standing and shake his body, trying to get me off. I bite his ear, then jump off, landing beside Jake.

You really are a dirty fighter, aren't you, he states.

I grin mentally. And proud of it.

That's not much to be proud of, Crow says.

I'm a rogue, what do you expect? I reply.

Trenton lunges at me, and I face him head on. He rakes his claws down my side, but I don't feel anything through the adrenaline. I claw at his chest, but he darts away before I hit him.

As Jake and I both go to lunge at him again, Jake disappears from beside me. When I look, I see another rogue tackled him. He seems to be good fighting her on his own, leaving me to fight T.

Before I refocus on him, he lunges at me, catching me more off guard than I like to be. My body hits the ground hard, knocking the breath out of me. Trenton wastes no time in sinking his claws into my stomach, making a whimper escape my lips.

"Lucas!" I hear Riana scream.

Her scared voice sends anger through my body. I ignore the pain in my stomach, and the blood escaping from the wound. I throw Trenton off me, growling loudly.

Stand down, Lucas, Amos says. You need medical help.

I'm not backing down, I hiss.

I cough, and taste blood in my mouth. I cough again, and spit the blood out onto the grass.

I lunge at Trenton, the action sending another jolt of pain through my body. He dodges my attack, but doesn't retaliate. He's toying with me now, waiting to see if I pass out from blood loss, or go for help. I'm not doing either.

Lucas, you need to get that wound bandaged, Heaven says. Let one of us finish him, or capture him for you to kill later.

I said I'm not backing down, I say forcefully.

Maybe you should listen, bro, Jake says in our private link. I take a quick glance at him and see him fighting two other rogues now. I don't want you on the brink of death.

Guess I better do this quickly then, I reply.

When I lunge at Trenton again, he stabs his claws into my side. I clench my teeth, growling. I'm starting to feel lightheaded. I know I should stop fighting, but I don't. It's a stupid move, but I like to finish what I started.

Geo, help me, I whisper to my wolf.

Already am, he replies.

We both share control over our body. I can tell our eyes are probably black, or darker than their normal hazel.

As we attack T again, he slips on the grass, which is slick with my blood. He doesn't fall, but his momentary distraction gives us an opening. We lunge again, locking our jaws around his exposed neck.

Trenton tries to bite us, or push us off. We don't let go, we probably won't get another chance like this.

As we bite down harder, Trenton's movements start to get weaker. The familiar feeling of blood and flesh between our teeth spurs us on, and I relish in the feeling.

Now enjoying this, in a spur of the moment thing, my wolf and I bite down as hard as we can and move our head sharply, completely decapitating Trenton. We release his head and let a proud wolfish smirk appear on our lips.

Holy hell, Jake say, clearly grinning. Nice job, bro.

Thanks, I reply, panting. Thanks, Geo.

It was my pleasure. That was fun, he replies.

I feel the blood soaking my fur, and suddenly the pain from my wounds hits me, flaring much more than it was before. My stomach and side burn, and my head pounds. The world spins as I finally collapse.

Faintly I hear Riana screaming my name, and footsteps rushing closer to me.

I feel someone's hand on my head. "St.... ake..." River's voice echoes in my head, incomprehensible to my mind. "Lu.... sta.... wake..."

I blink slowly, and see blurry figures surrounding me. Someone puts pressure against the wound on my stomach, making my lips curl back in a snarl as another wave of pain washes over me.

Lucas, you stupid hoe, Jake says loudly.

I wince mentally, hearing his voice shouting in my head.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, making sparks shoot through my body. It helps distract me from the pain.

As I feel my body being lifted, a wave of black passed through my blurry vision. I blink a few times, trying to keep myself conscious. I feel myself being carried quickly towards Nightstalker territory.

What's your favorite colour? Jake asks, clearly seeing me struggling to stay awake.

Blood red, I reply, my voice tired and weak

Of course it is, Amos mutters. Favorite place?

Home, I slur, feeling my eyelids getting heavier.

Favourite person? Heaven asks.

All of you, I say softly. My family.

My eyes close.

Finally, the darkness overtakes me.