Hope. Or Maybe Not

Amy Santiago walks into History with a mission. Gina's friend Rosa Diaz sits in front of her and if anyone knows whether her and Jake are going out it'll be Rosa.
The lesson starts with the news of an upcoming trip to some important site. Amy was too anxious to pay attention. And that's really saying something. She takes advantage of the excitement to ask Rosa her question...
"Hey ummm Rosa, do you happen to know if Gina is going out with Jake Peralta? "
" what no!! " Rosa scoffs
" oh cool, it's just my friend has a huge thing for Jake... " Amy replies trying to conceal her excitement.
" Look, Amy we both know you don't have friends so just cut the act. I know you like him. "
" what! No! Like I'd like jake! He's just a, just a friend, not even that"
As Amy spirals at the thought of her secret spreading Rosa marches off as the bell rings.

As she left the classroom Amy started to smile and do a slight victory dance at her new knowledge that Jake was single. She turns the corner and almost walks straight into him. Again.
"Hey Ames, what put you in such a good mood? " Jake smirks.
Before Amy has a chance to think up an excuse Chelsea Williams struts over. The blonde popular girl says a quick" hey babe" to Jake and gives me a pretentious glance. As Jake puts his arm around her, Amy mutters an excuse about having to get to stenograpers club and marches off trying not to show her feelings.