Misunderstanding

Jake and Charles are sat on a bench at school waiting for the first bell. Jake looks around with a sad look on his face.

'Hey Jake, are you looking for Amy? how's it going with her bud?' Charles asks seeing his friends worried look.

'Speak quietly Charles!' Jake whisper-shouts, he was starting to regret confiding in him about his feelings for Amy. 'Not great, she ran off from my party yesterday before I got to talk to her and it was so she could see her boyfriend Teddy!' Jake moans

'I thought she got stuck in your wardrobe?' Charles suggests

'what, why would you think that?'

'I thought I heard Rosa mention it.'

Jake rolls his eyes at this suggestion.
Amy walks past unnoticed hearing just a snippet of the conversation.

'look Charles I have no chance, she's going out with this Teddy guy.'

Amy scowls, not only did Jake think she was a stuck up prep girl but he'd fallen for someone else who had a boyfriend!

🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘

Later that day they both entered Chemistry upset and annoyed with each other without knowing the lie told about them.

They sit in an awkward silence until Jake decides to break it
'Hey, you're being quiet.' he trys
'Amy?'

'Oh sorry I didn't think you'd want to talk someone so stuck up and preppy'

'Look Amy in know you'd rather be with Teddy but-.... Wait what do you mean stuck up? '

'well that's what you said last night isn't it? That's what you really think'

'What? Why would you think I'd say that? especially when I -... Never mind I swear I never said that and I don't think that. '

'Really? Oh.... Well why haven't you been speaking to me?'

'I just assumed you were thinking about Teddy and didn't want to interrupt that'

'who's Teddy?' Amy asked confused.

'you're boyfriend' Jake held back a laugh

'what the hell, why would you think I had a boyfriend? And where did you get the name Teddy from?'

'Naomi told me you left my party to go be with him'

'what? No I left after Chelsea locked my in your wardrobe' Amy suddenly realised.... 'and then I overheard Naomi talk about you thinking I was a stuck up prep girl'

They both look at each other and say in unison 'Those bitches!'