Chapter Seventeen

As the days passed, Jeff grew more and more restless as (Y/n) stayed in the infirmary. Two weeks had passed, E.J. approached Jeff one night as he was sitting in the dining room alone thinking. "Jeff, I require your assistance regarding (Y/n)." Jeff snapped his head up and instantly got to his feet. They then walked down the hall towards the basement door, entering and venturing down into the darkness of the stairwell. E.J
unlocked the lab door, then locked it behind them as he moved to the operating table. "I was able to remove almost all the glass, metal screws, and wood shards from his body, but some of them were to close to major arteries and organs to do so. He can't feel them, as well as there is no danger in leaving them. But there is an issue, he can't walk to much seeing as they put 31 nails in each of his feet. I also found 3 broken ribs, but I bound those together. Here's what I need you to do, look after him, you are his mentor after all." Jeff couldn't tear his eyes off of (Y/n), he was still unconscious, but when ever he twitched, his fingers would spark tiny blue and dark purple lights. "How long will it take him to recover?" Jeff asked sadly, "It's hard to say, keep an eye on him, and if he gets any worse come to me immediately." Jeff walked over to (Y/n), and ran his fingers through his tangled, matted, dirty hair. "Hey, (Y/n), are yah awake?" Jeff asked quietly, so as to not wake him if he wasn't.He stirred slightly, his eyes slowly, heavily opened, him smiling once seeing Jeff. "Hi.." was all he could say, Jeff smiled, feeling tears of joy, sadness, and over whelming feelings of relief to have him back over took him. "Hey." Jeff moved (Y/n)'s hair out of his eyes, then turned his head to E.J. without taking his eyes off (Y/n), "When am I able to move him to his room?" E.J. looked up from his work station, "When ever you wish to do so, just be careful with him." Jeff was about to pick (Y/n) up, when he stopped himself, then slowly made his way down the table. He hesitantly looked at his feet and was shocked, periodic holes were covering the entirety of them. No space was left empty, Jeff forced his mind from the gruesome thoughts, picked (Y/n) up bridal style, then made his way out of the lab and up the stairs. He walked slowly passed the living room, up the main stairs and towards his bedroom.

As he set (Y/n) down on his matress, he immediately covered him with blankets. Jeff then removed his hoodie and threw it across the room. He then turned to see (Y/n) trying to sit up, making Jeff sigh and help him up, "What is it?" He turned to Jeff shyly, "I feel disgusting, would you mind, I guess.... helping me... shower? I know you've watched me in the past, so I was thinking it wouldn't be weird." Jeff smiled, "Of course I wouldn't mind, come on, give me your arm." He helped (Y/n) up, then walked him to the bathroom in the corner of the room. He set him on the toilet, then turned on the shower. "Do you need any help undressing?" He sheepishly nodded, making Jeff slowly remove his shirt. He undid (Y/n)'s pants, then slowly slid them down his legs, trying not to hurt his feet. "Do you want me to remove some of the bandages, so I can wash your wounds?" He was extremely hesitant, but (Y/n) nodded none the less. Jeff started removing his foot bandages, and saw they were already half healed. Jeff discarded the dirty medical wear, then moved to his chest. As he continuously glanced at (Y/n)'s face, he slowly removed the sticky, thick bandages from around his torso. Once completely disposed of, Jeff could fully view the damage (Y/n) had sustained. His entire chest was painted in dark purple, black,and blue bruises surrounding black gashes an inch thick at least. He counted out 14 large and countless small gashes littering him completely. Jeff then removed the last bandage, unwrapping it from around his neck to discover a series of large puncture wounds completely covering the windpipe and major arteries. Jeff stared at them, "Do they hurt?" (Y/n) shrugged and nodded, "It feels like sandpaper now when talking. It used to feel like razor blades." He then grew silent, looking to the floor, mind filling with agonizing memories. Jeff then turned to the shower, adjusted the temperature, then moved back to (Y/n). He sat him on the shower chair, grabbed the nozzle, and began to gently get his hair wet. (Y/n) grimaced as the water washed over the half open wounds, then when Jeff added shampoo, the pain became worse. His jaw was locked in place as he silently felt him massage the soap in.

He felt every single injury upon him burn as they were cleaned. Jeff of course noticed, but wasn't too concerned seeing as he remained silent. As he rinsed him over with the shower head, Jeff gave him a reassuring smile as he continued. As the conditioner was rinsed away completely, Jeff turned the shower off, then set a towel down on the toilet. He turned back to (Y/n) then helped him to the towel, "Are you able to dry yourself off, or do you want me to help you out with that to?" He nodded, allowing Jeff to gently dry his hair, and slowly pat his chest dry so as to not hurt him to much. When complete, he stood straight, "I'll go grab you some stuff, just hold on." then left the room to his closet. He took out a large shirt of his and some black sweat pants, then went to (Y/n)'s room in search of underwear. Once located, he found his way back to his bathroom, and found (Y/n) weakly leaning against the back of the toilet, eyes closed. Once the door closed, he opened his eyes quickly out of panic, then relaxed at the sight of Jeff. He helped him into the boxers, then the pants, then he began to wrap his torso, neck, and feet back in the bandages he stored in the counter drawer. Then put his arm around his shoulder, and lifted him and took him out of the room towards the bed. Once laying comfortably, Jeff looked to the closed door, then looked back to (Y/n) with a troubled look. "Hey, I'll be back in a few, don't worry." He then quickly walked out of the room, jogged down to the torture room, and peaked in. Glad that it was empty, he walked in, headed toward the furthest corner, and threw himself against the wall with force. He fell to floor with fists clenched, his muscles tense. Tears were cascading down his face, "It's all your fucking fault, if you had just come for him sooner, he would never had had to go through so much. You are the fucking cause, if you had just stayed away, then none of this would have happened." His thoughts were bombarding him with images of (Y/n) being relentlessly torture, not even thinking of the mental tole it truly took on him. As time passed, he very slowly calmed himself down, "No matter what I do I always bring him into harms way. Now there's nothing I can do to stop it." As he was screaming and laughing at himself in the corner E.J. opened the door, "Oh, what are you doing in here, I was hoping you had a victim." He glanced over his shoulder and relaxed his muscles, "I was just leaving." he mumbled, then swiftly turned and walked out of the room. He then felt a twinge he hadn't felt in days, blood lust. He jogged back to his room, and quietly made his way passed an unconscious (Y/n) to his dresser. He grabbed his knives, then silently slinked out of the room. Sprinting down the stairs, he yelled into the living room towards Toby, "Keep an eye on (Y/n), I'll be back in half an hour at the most." Then sprinted out the door into the forest towards the nearest town.