Chapter Thirty

Jeff spent 4 and a half weeks on the cipher and still came up with nothing useful. When ever he got frustrated he would trash his room in an anger fueled tantrum then leave and kill a sleeping house of victims. But when he came back he would clean himself up and try again, he spent days at a time sorting through the columns of letters and he would fall asleep from exhaustion and migraines. Jeff continued to argue with Slender, each time more angry and desperate, but every time he tried to get him to help him, he would receive the same response. "He left it for you specifically, so there for you must be the one to decipher it. The more upset you are, the less you can think logically, calm down and try harder. The longer you wait, the longer you'll go without knowing his final thoughts before leaving." He stormed out repeatedly, until finally he figured out the first word, to which was indeed written, "Jeff,...." It took him another week to figure out the second and third words, but it took him an additional 5 weeks to figure out the fourth word. In total, it took him a year and a half to completely decipher the code (Y/n) left behind, and the words broke the rest of his humanity that he had left. 

The year and a half drove him further into the grips of insanity, making him think that it could be untrue and be paranoid, making him want to check and few more times. But he couldn't bare to look at the dreaded columns of carefully ordered letters, but the message he uncovered was unbearable. He hadn't left his room for 2 weeks and he felt he should never leave, but the daunting walls that forever mocked him for his misery. He knew he deserved everything that was coming to him, but what killed him the most was that he couldn't even keep his pet safe. He was brought home, because he started killing, Jeff focused on how he watched (Y/n) long before his first human kill. He felt he was the reason all of this happened, refusing to think it was because of anything else. He obsessively read over the words and within one night he had them memorized, Jeff vowed he would find (Y/n) and bring him back to his own protection. "Even if it kills me I'm going to find him...... fuck, it's been almost 2 years and he hasn't come back. Even if he's dead, I'll die if I have to just so I can beat the fuck out of him for not telling me sooner." 

He put on his hoodie and exited his room for the first time in 2 weeks, quickly heading towards Slenderman's office. Without hesitating or waiting for permission, he walked into the room and slammed the paper on the desk, then went to close the door. "Jeff, why did you not knock before entering, you know my policy." Slender spoke aggressively, "I don't give a fuck, I've decoded the cipher, and it's the reason why he left. I know it's been around 2 years, but at least read it and tell me what you think." Slender sighed and slowly grabbed the paper, then flipped it over and began reading it aloud, " 'Jeff, if your actually able to decode the encryption then I'll explain what's been going on. Zalgo promised that you would die if I didn't leave peacefully. You are the only reason I'm alive, and I hate you for that. If you see me from now on, I ask of you... run.' Well it seems that my suspicion was correct, but also seeing as it has been a year and a half, I'm going to say that there's no point in wasting time and effort on one of my recruits that abandoned us without even telling us that there was a threat. The way I see it, he committed mutiny and joined our enemies, I'm not going to go after him at the risk of getting myself, and more of my own, killed. We don't even know if he's survived their training process." 

Jeff glared at Slender with a more murderous, rage filled stare that he has never felt before, "Fuck you, you're either just to lazy or you're a fucking coward, he's mine and I'm going to get him back one way or another, even if I die in the fucking process as well." Slender stood up and towered over Jeff intimidatingly, "Do not label me as something as false as that Jeffery Woods, you do not understand the complexities of the situation. If he has indeed been forced to go with Zalgo, then he has more than likely gone completely insane and will destroy and ravage anything that moves and anything that he is told to kill. (Y/n) is a completely new threat that I should be looking to exterminate, I have no quarrel with him but I know he will be used against us eventually. His abilities have also no doubt increased to unimaginable lengths, we must be on more guard against your precious (Y/n) than even against Zalgo himself." Jeff looked down to the floor board defeated, and asked pitilessly, "Then what the fuck do we do, we have to get him back, we can use him for our own defenses if you want, but we have to get him back." Slender sat back down in his desk chair and sighed again, "I do not know at this time, but first we must decide on how to locate him if we do so decide to do this." Jeff looked up, "Well aren't you able to track Zalgo? If you track the connect he has with (Y/n), we can find him within a few days to a week." Slender nodded, "Very well Jeff, I will see what I can do, but I will not promise that we will find him alive, or how he was when he left.

Jeff thought for a moment then spoke quietly, "Deal." As Jeff walked back towards the kitchen, his thoughts were racing about the different possibilities of how he would find (Y/n). 'Even if he's dead, I've been ready to die for a while, so it makes no difference. Hehehhahahaha I hope he's more aggressive than before.' When he opened the kitchen door, Ben, Sally, Laughing Jack, and E.J all turned their heads in surprise to suddenly see Jeff so calm. "He Jeffy, how ya doin? You look weird, are you feeling ok?" Sally spoke as she slowly approached her friend, "I might find him." Jeff mumbled. Ben stepped forward, "What did you just say?" Jeff looked up to his eyes and spoke clearly, "I might find him." Sally scrunched her eyebrows, "What are you talking about? Are you talking about him again? Jeffy, I think you have to let him go, it's been a really long time." Jeff grew angry, "Fuck you, I know I will find him, I have to find him." Sally tried to walk up to him to give him a hug, but Jeff flipped her off and stormed out the room and out of the mansion. The night air was a familiar experience that he had missed in the last weeks, almost causing him to slow from his jog and just enjoy the night. 'Oh no, I want to fill this air with the blood gurgling screams, fuck how I've missed those delectable sounds, the whimpers for mercy, the uncontrollable screams of agony.' Jeff smirked for the first time in almost 2 years, almost wanting the night to last just a few more hours longer so he could enjoy it, but wanted to get started on the search as soon as possible.