The day

I think the baby is here🤔 or not, let's see. Don't forget that little star button .

Mum and IJ had already helped me pack my bags because the baby would be here any minute and we didn't want to be caught unaware, every thing was set. The only person unaware was Richard, I guess that's why he hasn't stopped being physical with me. I know it sounds absurd that he hits me but it was real because men still beat their wives all around the world and there's nothing I could do to stop it. That evening he got home and I was eating some bananas, I left some peels on the floor which was wrong but I was so tired, I was going to take it to the kitchen but then he came in.
As he was walking past me, he stepped on some of the peels and almost fell, I became scared because I knew what's coming next. I quickly sat up and started apologizing

I'm sorry, I forgot there were still peels there

You should be sorry for your self because at this young age you are already forgetting things. He said as he smacked me on my cheeks. I looked up at him as I was almost in tears.

Why do you take so much joy in hitting me???

Richard's POV

why do you take so much joy in hitting me.

I came back to my senses and looked at her, I could see the pain and unshed tears in her eyes, but I couldn't let her words get to me, so I turned to leave when she came to stand in front of me.

Can you please ignore the fact that you hate me and try to tolerate me at least because of the baby that's almost here, we can't train a child in this kind of atmosphere. Pleeaase?

I can't recognize the monster I have turned into since she moved in with me and it started because I didn't want to appear weak to her.

No.
I said coolly and pushed her so I could pass. I didn't mean to push her too hard to the extent that she fell, the next thing I saw on the floor was blood and Florence was lying on the floor unconscious.

I blinked to see if it was real before I started shouting..

Florence, Florence, Florence!!!!!! Stand up, I'm sorry for hitting you, please just get up.

I continued shouting but she remained still on the ground. I ran outside to call the security to open the gates, I quickly carried her to the car as I silently prayed for her to not die on me. I may not like her but I certainly didn't want to be a murderer.

When we got to the hospital, as I carried her out some nurses came with a stretcher to put her in as they rolled it in. I didn't know how to call her family to tell them she's here because they'd know I caused it. An idea came into my mind, I'd tell them she slipped and fell down the stairs. So I called her mum.

Good afternoon ma.

Richard how are you?

Fine ma, ma there's been a little accident, Florence slipped and fell this evening, and now she's in the hospital.

Jesus!!!! Which hospital??

Crownstar hospital, lekki.

We'll be right there. She said as she sobbed and hung up the phone.

I sighed as I knew I just lied,
It's not entirely my fault, if she hadn't stepped in front of me, we wouldn't be here now. I tried to soothe my self.

As I walked into the hospital I saw the nurses running around, I knew something was wrong immediately. I saw the doctor hurriedly walking up to me , when he got to where I was he told me that she had gone into forced labour.

she just went into forced labour and we have to operate on her because she doesn't have the strength to push out the baby as she has lost a lot of blood.

Please do anything in your power to save her.

It dawned on me that I almost killed the woman pregnant with my child and I continuously prayed for her not to die. As the doctor left, her mother and sister came in, her mum looked like she had been crying since I told her about it, when she got to where I was she slapped me.

you've finally succeeded in killing Loren, you murderer. Just pray nothing happens to my daughter or I'd ruin your company.

IJ just stood there looking at me with tears in her eyes and I couldn't bear to look at her and I suddenly wished I was flash so I could go back in time.

After about three hours, the doctor came out and asked for Florence's husband, I went to meet him.

We are done with the operation and the baby is fine, congratulations you have a girl.

I heaved a sigh of relief , at least the baby is safe.

And the mother? i asked anxiously

I'm sorry but she's in a coma and we have no idea when she's going to wake up

My God! I hated myself at that moment.

I didn't know how to break the news to her parents, her Dad had not said anything to me since he got to the hospital. I walked over to where they all sat, her mum jumped up immediately

Where's my daughter, eeehhn, where's my daughter???

The doctor said the baby is fine but Florence went into a coma

Jesus, what would I do now, my enemies have finally succeeded, why me, why me???

IJ went over to her mum to console her

Mum, it's ok, nothing is going to happen to Loren, she's gonna be fine. Let's go see the baby first and call José and Kiki.

OK.

Her father looked up and all I could see in his eyes were pain and anger

You think you'll go free with this, tomorrow she is leaving this country, so this is the only time you will have to see your daughter.

I opened my mouth to talk but no words came out, before I could talk he continued,

And you are getting divorced. I've had my lawyer prepare the papers since I heard you've started hitting her, it's time to sign them.

When I heard this I tried to beg him but no yield, I guess his mind was made up. I left to see my daughter, when I held her in my arms i suddenly felt at peace, she looked so beautiful and innocent and that made me feel guilty considering what I had done to her mother. I looked over to where her mother was and I just kept looking, I think I zoned out because when the doctor came to tell me to let them rest I felt tears on my face.
I'm sorry, I whispered

That was the last day I saw them.