Hope

Alessia cara - wild things.

I just got out of a board meeting, we had new investors and we had to impress them. I got into my office to meet Tobi sitting on my table. Typical Tobi, sometimes I wondered how I ever met this fool,

Must you sit on the table?? I faked anger.

Yea, he smirked. Don't you have any food here??? He said as he stood up to go to the fridge

No, I didn't stock this place with food because I wasn't expecting anybody with four stomach compartments here,

He was laughing now, whatever, I still need food.

Do whatever you like.

Trust me.
I dropped my laptop on my table, when I heard a very disgusting sound, I glared at Tobi but he just shrugged.

Dude, you eat like an animal

What's that supposed to mean??, he held his chest like he was actually hurt, before he started laughing, you want some??,this is actually very yummy.

I'll pass.

I have a party tonight, wanna come?? Since the day I had my last hangover, I decided to stay off alcohol.

No, we've talked about this.

I still have to do everything I can to bring the old Richard back.

Whatever you do, I'm not interested in this party.

Your loss then, there are going to be chicks there, you know as the thing dey go na.

I smiled, you'll never change, I wonder when you're gonna settle down.

I don't know too bro, maybe when hell goes off, I might consider it.

You no well. don't worry when you eventually get hooked, I'm gonna remind you hell hasn't gone off yet, that day is very close, I can feel it.

Na u know, but for now, I'm gonna go get dressed to wow the ladies. he said as he went out. I shook my head as I laughed, my friend's really a nut case.
After packing my stuff, I left the office. I got home two hours later. Traffic in Lagos is very bad, you could sleep and wake up to still find yourself in the same spot you were.

When I got home, I showered and ate, the house was so quiet and boring, sometimes I felt like employing workers but I liked my privacy so I didn't ever employ maids. The house was more homely when Florence lived here, at least I wasn't alone in the house, even if we barely talked then. Speaking of Florence, I haven't even seen her on social media, maybe she changed her name and every thing about her, my plans to get them back was still in motion. I just needed to make sure everything was in order before traveling to look for her and my baby whom I guessed would be a big girl now.

I was watching TV and checking Instagram feeds when a very familiar name drew my attention to the TV. The presenter of the news was saying something about him being critically sick and in the hospital, I was surprised because I hadn't heard from the Okpara's in a while , I know we didn't part friends but still this news was devastating and it only meant one thing, Florence was coming back to Nigeria.

Florence's POV

To say I was surprised at what mum told me was a big lie, I was horrified, how can dad have any heart Issue, he never complained about his heart while we were growing up.
I looked at the time to see it was evening already, I have to go to Ari's to pick up Zoey and explain things to her.
Damian has been calling and I've been transferring the calls to voicemail. I dressed simply in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and sneakers.
After eating dinner at Ari's, I told her everything my mum told me.

What are you going to do now??

I honestly don't know, I think I have to go home to see how things are.....

Ok, will you come back??

Yea, as soon as he gets better

OK, how about Damian??, what would happen to your relationship with him??

I don't know, I've been avoiding his calls, he's been asking questions I'm not ready to answer.

Hmmm, ok.

She said as she hugged me, I guessed I needed the hug too

Don't forget to call

I won't.

I called Zoey so we could leave as it was already getting late

Baby!!

Yes mum?

It's time to go

OK, I wanna get my bag.

She came downstairs with her bag,
Bye Nika, bye Aunt Ari

Bye!!, they chorused.

I got to my front door to meet someone waiting for me, I couldn't turn back now. I just had to face him, once and for all. Before I could even think of turning back, Zoey was already shouting.

Uncle Damian!!! Zoey shouted as she ran to him

How are you?

I'm fine. Why do you look sad??

Do I?? He Asked

Yes

Well, I'm not sad, a fly just got into my eye, I'll be fine
I just stood there awkwardly watching then

Let's go inside. I said

As soon as we got inside Zoey ran up to her room while I just sat there confused as I didn't know what to tell him. He broke the silence by speaking first,

Florence, I'm sorry about what happened today.

No, don't say that. I should be apologizing, I should have told you everything. I said

Its fine if you don't want to talk about it,

No. let me, I said as I narrated everything that happened to him including my dad's illness and how I have to travel back. I was crying now and he just hugged me without saying anything. I don't know what made me do what I did next but I kissed him, deep down, I knew it was going to be our first and last kiss and I knew I was saying goodbye.

The part we've been waiting for is almost here. I can't wait, don't forget to vote guys, ILYSM guys