Regrets

Yay!!! Richard's POV is here, let's see how he's been faring.

I woke up to the sound of my Alarm, ooh, not again. I sat on the bed to get ready for work , I turned around to find a lady sleeping beside me, I don't remember bringing anyone home last night, I guess I was drunk again.

I sighed, I felt lonely last night, I guess it was one of those nights. I've been visiting the club more frequently in the last four years, I guess I couldn't believe I lost my family all because of my foolishness. Before I start remembering things again, I have to send this lady out of my house.

Get up. I said as I tried to wake her up. You have to leave now.

OK, good morning, she greeted as she yawned

Morning. I grumbled as she took her clothes, wore them and she left the room. I just sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands, I was having the hangover of the century.
I went into the bathroom, had my bath then came back to the room to dress up. I went to pick up my cufflinks when I saw the ring I had given Florence when we got married, I couldn't help but remember all the things that happened, I've lived every single day in regret knowing I have failed my child as a father and as a person and there's nothing I wouldn't give to change things.

Flash back

The next day, I learnt that Florence had been flown out of the country with my baby, I was mad but couldn't do anything because of the threat of her father to ruin my company by letting the news out, so I went to the club that night with my best friend to get drunk. It was ironic that I went to the club where I first met Florence, I just needed something to remind me of her. Tobi had to drive me home that night because I had druink myself to stupor.

Guy, you can't do this to yourself, you know, you can't keep drinking anytime the going gets tough, all you have to do now is find a way to get Florence and your baby.

That's the problem, I can't, they are gone, gone, and there's nothing I can do about it. I can't go to her parents, they hate me. I also can't go to her sister, she's just a little girl who hates me for hurting her sister. I said as I hit the glass I was holding on the table.

You just have to calm down, stop drinking and think straight.

I know. I said as I laid on the floor and slept. I woke up the next morning having the hangover of the year.
End of flash back.

Now I have to call my secretary and tell her not to expect me in the office today. Today I'm going to be at home resting and thinking. I still remember the first and last time I held my baby, she looked so innocent and cute just like her mother, I felt at peace and truly happy for the first time in a very long time. I still long for that feeling everyday day. I have to make plans to find them.

Florence's POV

It's Saturday and I have a date with Damian this evening, I have to say we've gotten closer and he wants us to be more than just friends but I don't think I'm ready for any of that now. I have Zoey to take care of and I can't help that little part of my brain that keeps telling me Richard will come for us. I still didn't want to believe he had already made the divorce papers and had gotten me drunk to sign the papers, it hurts more to know that he almost killed me before finalizing his plans, well I guess the saying was true that looks could be deceiving. Zoey came into the room putting on her shoes, I don't know where she thinks we are going to.

Mum, can I come with you?

Where to baby??

You said you're going out with uncle Damian.

It's a date baby!!, you can't come with me.

She was giving me the look she knew I couldn't resist, but I wasn't giving in this time.

But I wanna go with you mummy, uncle Damian will be here soon.

You can't come!!! I'll take you to aunt Ari's house, ok baby??, you can have fun with Nika and your other friends.

Yay!!!, she said as she jumped around, I laughed because I don't know what made her think she could come with me.

Mum, is daisy going to be at Aunt Ari's??

Yes baby.

Yay!!!, we are going to have our princess party.

Yes baby, what are u going to wear?, let's get dressed.

Something beautiful

After getting dressed, we were ready to leave when we heard the doorbell. I went to open the door and found Damian standing there. His mouth was open as he looked me allover, he looked at me like he was about to undress me with his eyes.

Damian!!, I called his name for the third time before he answered me.

you look nice. Damian said

Ummm, thanks.

Where's Zoey?

Uncle Damian!!!! Zoey ran into his arms

Zoey!!!, how are you??

I'm fine.

Why are you all dressed up?

I'm having a princess party at Aunt Ari's.

Aww, I'm offended, you didn't invite me

I'm sorry.

He started laughing, you know I can't get angry at you Zoey.

Zoey was smiling now. We left the house to drop Zoey off at Ari's.