Going Out

A date, you think she's making progress, let's see

I was on my way to work, I just dropped Zoey off at Ari's so she could take her to school. When I got to the hospital, I saw the nurses bringing in a pregnant woman on a stretcher, she was bleeding profusely and she looked like she wasn't going to survive it. I prayed for her to survive because I suddenly remembered what happened four years ago and how I found myself mid air on my dad's private jet.

Flash back

I woke up suddenly with a throbbing head and I tried to look around but my head wouldn't allow me so I just gave up and closed my eyes to sleep. I couldn't sleep because my body felt as if it had been asleep for so long. I heard a baby's cry by my side and I tried to remember all that had happen. I recalled being pushed to the ground and waking up to being in labour and being operated on but the rest I couldn't remember. I couldn't also remember how I got to be on this plane.

Ooh it's my baby crying, I tried to stand up but I heard a voice

Oh my God. She's awake.

Awake???, I thought to myself. What happened to me. I looked towards the direction of my baby and saw my mum cuddling her, she looked so innocent I didn't know when tears came out of my eyes not tears of pain this time but of joy. I tried to stand up but mum stopped me

Save your strength Loren

Mum what happened???

For now nothing, all you need now is some mother daughter time. She said as she handed my baby to me.

She's beautiful. I whispered

Yes, just like you. Mum replied smiling.

After holding my baby for sometime mum asked if I was hungry and I nodded, I needed to eat to feed my baby. She came back with custard and milk saying I couldn't eat anything strong yet as that was what the doctor said.

After I had eaten and fed my baby I decided to ask what happened again.

Mum what happened??? Where's Richard, IJ and dad? Why are we on a plane???

Calm down. mum had told me

OK. so what happened???

After the incident you went into forced labour and the doctor had to operate on you because you had no strength to push the baby.

I remember that mum, what I don't get is what happened later and why we're here now, I mean, my head feels like it's been cut off from my body and joined back to it.

Well you were in coma for four days and this is the fifth day, we are on our way to America as you're now divorced.

What????

Yes, your dad made Richard sign the papers.

I couldn't help but feel sad and angry at the same time, angry at Richard for what he did to me and sad at the fact that our marriage had to end in this manner, I had always thought that the birth of our baby would bring us together, but it didn't.

Where's Richard now? IJ and dad also??

IJ and your dad are both in Nigeria, I don't know about Richard, I haven't laid my eyes on him since that night.

OK. I want to sleep. She took the baby from me.
I needed time to process all that she had just told me, it felt like things just moved from bad to worse. I couldn't believe my dad's making me go to America without asking me, I also couldn't believe my baby's going to grow up without a father figure.

Present

I was brought back to the present by my phone, I just received a message from an unknown number.

Why so serious

who could this be, I wondered.

You know, you look really beautiful in that dress.

who are you??

Look up

I looked up to see Damian standing at the door to my office, he was looking very handsome and professional in his suit.

hi

he said as he walked towards me

Hello Mr stalker. he smiled at that.

How did you get in??, he looked at me like he was surprised

I'm Damian, don't forget that, I can get into where ever I want. He smirked.

Really?? I just had the urge to tease him

yea.

So what's the almighty Damian here for?

Welllll, I'm here to take you out, you know you promised.

Ooh I should have known he'd use that against me

I'm busy at the moment, maybe some other time.

Ummm you can Leave anyways.

And why would I leave??

That's not the way to talk to your boss.

What did he just say???

Boss??

Yes, boss??, I kinda own this hospital, So as your boss I give u the permission to leave.

I don't know why but I got angry at those words

thanks but I've got to finish what I was doing.

Ooh come on, you want me to beg???

I looked at him without replying.

OK, I'm sorry I didn't tell you.

It's fine, we barely know each other after all.

He smiled, can we leave now??

Give me a minute.

After some time I was together with Damian in his limo and we both sat in this comfortable silence. It was starting to get awkward and I think Damian noticed because he suddenly cleared his throat which made me turn to look at him. I had to say something,

Where are we going to??

It's a surprise.

Hmmm, ok. I hope to get surprised then.

You wait and see.