The Party II

Richard's POV

I was on my way to the elevator, imagining myself in bed after a very long hot bath, but I knew I couldn't have any of that because of the party I had to attend that evening. It was Josh's birthday and he was a friend of Tobi, so we were also friends. I was still trying to make up my mind about going to the party when I saw Tobi's caller ID flashing on my screen and I picked up after the second ring.

Yes!!?

Sup bruh?

Don't bruh me, just go straight to why you're calling me by this time, even after agreeing to meet up later. Don't I deserve a break from you?

No you don't you're stuck with me but that's by the way. When are we meeting up. I really don't wanna drive so can you just pick me up at the estate.

No!!!.

Alright then, I'm not going then, have fun missing your only chance to ever get back together with Florence.

What do you mean??

Oh you don't know??, well Josh's wife just happens to be Kiki, Florence's friend. And I'm willing to bet two hundred thousand Naira that Florence would be at that party. So it's up to you now. Are you willing to lose this chance just cause you're being a dickhead. Bye bye. I'll be waiting at the estate.

Urgh?, remind me why I'm your friend again when all you ever do is blackmail me..

Well technically, I'm not blackmailing you, it's just a choice you have to make. Bye for real now.

Hello?!!!. I looked at the screen to see the idiot had already disconnected the call.

I'm gonna sell this guy one day.

By the time I was done and I had already gotten to the ground floor, I saw my driver was already waiting for me, so I just got in the car and we left to my place.

Thirty minutes later, I was done with everything I had to do and was on my way to Tobi's estate. He was already waiting at the estate gate. So he just got in and we left for the party.

I knew I could drag you down here by just mentioning Florence's name.

Don't pull that stunt on me next time or I might just have to give you up for sale, add more money and get myself a new friend.

Abeg make we hear word...

Don't underestimate me bro.

What exactly can you do?

You don't want to know., you might just wake up tomorrow to see all the cash in your account gone.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it and I knew I had finally managed to shut him up. I looked up to see we had gotten to the venue. I opened the door to leave before Tobi noticed where we were. We left the driver to find where to park the car because everywhere was crowded already. I turned to Tobi who was smiling while typing continuously on his phone. I peeped at the screen to see it was a girl he was chatting with, I shook my head feeling sorry for the girl. He noticed me staring.

I feel sorry for your newest prey, I hope this one won't call you threatening to committing suicide.

Nope, no one is committing suicide, I'm pretty serious about this one and she's not a prey her name is Shola..

That's what you always say, I said rolling my eyes, anyway let's head in before we are too late.

Yea, have fun sitting alone because Shola is my plus one to this party. With that he left me, I think to go find his date, so I just found my self a seat after getting myself a glass of wine.

Florence's POV

I got to the venue not long after the party started, so I went to greet the celebrant and also see my friends. I left to take some pictures with my friends and also socialize. We were talking about random things when Kiki suddenly cleared her throat, Signifying she wanted to say something and José had a mischievous look on her face.

Guys, just spill, what is it you want to say.

Well I might have forgotten to mention that Richard is also at this party.

Oh, and you didn't think it was right to tell me. Wait was that why you sent the dress?? Did he put you up to this???

No no, I only sent the dress because I knew it would escape your mind, no other reason I promise. Asides from the fact that I wanted you to look stunning.

Thanks though, next time please don't forget or I might have to hit your head so you'll never forget anything again. I said smiling.

You're welcome, have you had anything??

No. but I'm ok though let me just a drink. I left them to go to the barman.

can I get something to drink???

What would you like to have ma??

Anything, something strong.

If I'm going to be in this party, I'll need something very strong so I can be brave enough for whatever happens.

Here you go ma'am

Thank you,
I took it from him and turned to go back to where my friends were, only for someone to bump into me, pouring the contents of the glass on my dress.

I'm so sorry Florence, I didn't see you coming.

Oh really???, how come you just happen to be wherever I go?? Are you stalking me Richard?
I said angrily, thinking of how to get rid of my dress.

Stalking you?? He scoffed
Of course not, why would you even say that.

I don't know, I said heading to the restroom.

At least let me help you with your dress. I looked at him like he had grown another head.

Ooh, I don't mean it like that, I only wanted to give you my handkerchief.

Ooh, thanks. But I can manage.

I insist.

OK,

I took it from him, careful not to let his hands touch mine.

Thank you.

Don't mention.

With that I walked into the restroom, when I was done, I walked out to see Richard waiting there..

Do you need something??

Well yeah, you know we haven't really had time to talk.

It's not the time Richard, I wasn't just interested in talking to you. But since you think it's time. I have enough time now, what exactly do you want to talk about??

I just wanted to apologize, I'm very sorry for treating you the way I did, I know there's nothing that can change everything that happened but we can change now and the future if only you'd find it in your heart to forgive me.

I don't know what happened but his apology did nothing to placate me, it only made matters worse.

You must be dreaming if you think this half hearted apology can change anything or make me run to you besides I'm not interested in changing anything, I like the way things are between us now. If you don't mind, I have to go back to the party.

I turned to see him staring at me like he couldn't believe I walked out on him.

you did great Florence. I said to myself. By the time I got back to where my friends were, José had already left, so I just said good bye to everyone, when my driver arrived and left the party feeling very exhausted.