The party

Florence's POV

I took off, I didn't even wait to hear what Clara had to say, when I got to where IJ was waiting, she didn't wait for me say anything she just pulled me into a very tight hug. I could hear everything she wanted to tell me through the hug as she murmured soothing words in my ear.

Everything will be fine sis.

Thanks IJ, I'm scared, very scared what if he tries to takes Zoey from me. He knows I brought her with me to Nigeria.

But how come sis??, I don't think he's seen her with you.

You remember I told you Zoey got missing when we just arrived at the airport. Well the Lady that found her just happens to work with Richard. What if he was stalking me?.

I don't think so, I don't think he'd stoop to that extent. Whatever happens, I won't let him take Zoey from you. Remember we are all here for you Sis. Now let me see that beautiful smile on your beautiful face. IJ said trying to lift my spirit, which worked because I was smiling widely already.

Thanks IJ, what would I do without you guys???

Oh, I'm not sure you want to know, She said with a smile on her face.

Let's head home IJ.

OK sis..

We got home in no time to see mum and dad in the living room talking while Zoey was watching TV, Dad was looking better and mum was looking very happy.

Good Evening Mum.

When Did you get back?

Just now Mum.

OK, where are the things?

I left them with IJ and the maids in the kitchen.
I went to where dad was sitting to sit beside him, putting my hand around him.

Good evening Dad, how are you feeling now?

Much better, how have you been?

I've been good dad, I'm so happy to see you hale and hearty again, you don't look like someone that was discharged yesterday...

Why should I, when I have the most amazing people around me.

Aww Dad. If we don't take care of you who will?? I said mimicking a TV commercial. I looked at mum and she was smiling widely. I looked at Zoey and saw her trying to pretend I wasn't there, she had her attention on the cartoon she was watching.

Baby. I said slowly making my way towards her

Baby, I repeated and saw she was trying to hold her laughter. I finally got to where she was and grabbed her from behind while she let out an ear piercing scream. I continued tickling her telling her to say she was sorry, but she continued laughing saying some incoherent words.

Say sorry baby.

Sorrrryyyyy. She screamed and when I saw the tickling was enough I gently put her down.

Mummy, what did you get for me from the store???

Ooh, I got you lots of goodies and your Aunt bought you some clothes.

Yay!!! She hugged me.
Thanks mummy.

Go and thank your aunty too.

OK mummy, she stood up and ran to the kitchen.

Dad and mum had been laughing over our little drama, but I didn't notice, I only noticed when I turned to look at them. Just then my phone started ringing and I looked at the called ID to see Kiki's name. I was wondering why she was calling but I picked the call anyway.