Chapter 32

The sound of Tai'ray bearing was more than enough to make even the most stubborn warrior's blood freeze. Ryraso almost couldn't breathe as Tai'ray lunged at Fetmar, talons drawn and ready to strike. Fetmar managed to dodge out of the way and tried to defend himself. Except he was already badly injured and tired.

Tai'ray was not. 

Nor was the Winglord in any mood to show any mercy. Ryraso tried to pull out of Dyn'ad grip but the man refused to let go of him. Blood dripped around his arms and Dyn'ad forced him to look in his eyes as Fetmar yelled in pain.  There were no words said but Ryraso could suddenly feel the mark on his arm from the goddess burning intensely. Dyn'ad hugged Ryraso tightly as Ryraso started to breathe fast. He couldn't interfere in this? He couldn't watch Tai'ray kill Fetmar either. 

Fetmar tried so hard to defend himself. As a testament to his skills, he did actually manage to get a few hits in. Though they bounced off Tai'ray like they were nothing more than a fly on Tai'ray. Claws cut into his skin and flesh. Tai'ray spared nothing. Eventually, Fetmar found himself on his knees, the Winglord looming over him. Talons at his throat ready to rip it out. They were about to tighten when Yerir'o rushed to Fetmar's aid.

Before Tai'ray could make that final move, Yerir'o yanked Fetmar out of his grip. Forcing the human to the floor behind him. Tai'ray snarled and Yerir'o quickly fell down on one knee in front of the Winglord, praying he would be forgiven his interference. "My lord, please calm yourself!" he pleaded.

"You dare interfere?" Tai'ray growled, his voice dripping with anger.

"Only from what you will regret. Sir! He is your chosen one's son!" Yerir'o pleaded, one hand behind him keeping Fetmar from getting up. Not that the man was going anywhere fast. Every inch of Fetmar's body was covered in cuts and bruises. Fetmar was breathing heavily but staying still. 

Tai'ray snarled, but the words made him pause. The meanings behind them pulling him from the anger haze and reminding him of just who had had been about to injure dangerously. Slowly he looked over at Ryraso. Ryraso looked back at him cautiously, desperation on his face. Dyn'ad was holding him close but Tai'ray could see blood running down Ryraso's arm. Dyn'ad had clearly been holding the man back from interfering himself. Fear was radiating from Ryraso and it was almost sickening to Tai'ray. He didn't want Ryraso to be scared of him.

Please don't hurt my sons!

Ryraso's words came back to him. Sons. Plural. Eyeri may have been his apprentice, but his brothers were also family. Including the foolish one on the ground in front of him. Something inside him cooled slightly. He was still angry, but no longer furious. Breathing deeply, Tai'ray decided to take a different approach.

"You should think yourself lucky, boy," Tai'ray snarled, his lips curling back to show off his fangs. "If you had been anyone else, I would have killed you tonight." He had been planning to before Yerir'o had reminded him of who Fetmar was. His rights for claiming people were clear and no one other than the goddess herself had the right to question them. "But, you are fortunate that you are Eyeri's brother. Killing you would only ensure the little one's hatred. Something I do not desire," His voice was softer as he said that, not that Fetmar noticed but the others in the room did.