14: Is it real?

Chen's POV

I don't know how to answer her when she asked me the question. Though that I'm still sad now, but I still have to stay in a good mood, because I don't want Songhyun to find out what happened.

We went to a Western restaurant for lunch. She ordered grilled salmon while I ordered spaghetti.

We remained silence while we're eating. After we done, there still silence...until she broke it.

"Ehem...would you mind if I ask you a question?" She cleared her throat before she start talking.

"Okay."

"This is what I heard from Baekhyun and the others. They said that you have a girlfriend before...and her name was Lin Man. They said that you broke up with her before you debut. And they told me that you still like her very much...and if still like her, why would you accept this engagement?"

I was shocked that she asked me such a question.

"They t-told you?" I stuttered.

She nodded.

"Well...I accept this engagement because I don't have any feelings for her now. How about you? You said before that you had a boyfriend before...and he died."

"Let's just walk around here. I'll tell you."

I stood up and paid. We left the restaurant together. I followed her to a park. She sat down and started to talk.

"A year ago, I was in a relationship with someone. His name was Kim Jongsoo. Jongsoo and I...we were about to get engage. But...when we were on our way to the restaurant, an accident happened. He used his last strength to pull me out from the car. He didn't care about himself. He was...losing too many blood and I can't help at all...the last thing I remember before he died...he told me that he'll always love me...and he told me to find a better man than him...but I had promised that I would only love him until the end. But I had to accept this engagement too...for my father..." She said between sobs.

"Jongsoo hyung..."

"You know him?"

I hugged her and nodded.

"He's my cousin...once...he told me that he hopes that if he died...he hope that the girl that he loved will find someone that loves her more than him."

"Want to visit him?" She asked.

"Kaja."

--

I drove to Jongsoo hyung's grave. Songhyun went down the car with me.

"Here it is." We stopped in front of one of the grave. Songhyun reached out her hand, slightly patted of the dust on the grave.

"It's been a long time since I visit here. Right, Jongsoo? I'm so sorry...I'm kind of busy now...look who I brought? It's your cousin, Jongdae."

"Hey hyung. Remember what you told me before? From today on, I'll help you to take care of Songhyun. Guess what? We're engage soon. I never knew that she was your girlfriend before...I'm sorry hyung..."

*Kringg*

Songhyun picked up the call.

"Yeoboseyo?...huh?...okay...when?...tomorrow night?...okay...I'll be there..." She answered.

"What's wrong?"

"Umm...It's just Suho...and he asked me for a date."

"Tell him no." I said immediately.

"Wae? But I accepted it."

"Cause you're engaged."

"We haven't engaged."

"Oh...right..."

Why am I feeling like this? Am I jealous? No...Chen. Don't overthink...you're just taking care of her...just as your promise.

"Let's go." I said and held her hands. I like this feeling...holding hands with her. Her hand was really warm...

I took her to a cafe nearby.

"Hey...we just ate lunch."

"I knew that. I was just buying some cake and macaroon. You want some?"

"Chocolate."

"I'll get chocolate as well."

I don't know why...but I like the feeling holding her hands...so I just make an excuse saying that I want to get some cakes and macaroon, I actually want to hold her hands.

I picked up our order then reached out my hands for her. She held it and electricity came through her hand.

I looked at our holding hands. I can tell that...I'm starting to have feelings for her.