Chapter Four

So I already have a few views! Thanks so much for reading! Now that the filler is done, we can get to the good stuff haha.
xo

Cain

     Why do I feel safe? How do I feel safe? And how will I resist him with his empty flattery and my wolf's urges? I hear her ask in her head. I smile slightly and think about how perfect she is. She's adorable although I understand why she's defensive. Walking into this, I didnt expect her to have the feistiness she does, but it doesn't make me like her any less. If anything, it's better.

What concerns me is why she feels like she can't be safe with me. I'll have to figure out what happened and make sure she knows I'd do anything to keep her safe. I also need to figure out why she's fighting so hard to deny her wolf. I've never heard of someone being claimed but not wanting to be a part of her mate's life. We're soulmates. We protect each other and love each other. She seems to have some contrary beliefs that I definitely have to get to the bottom of.

     What she doesn't know is that I can hear her thoughts. I feel bad, yes, that I'm currently invading her thoughts, but in my defense she does project quite a bit. Since we became mates and I'm an Alpha, her giving that small submissive gesture allows us to be able to speak telepathically. I know how to block my thoughts out and keep her from hearing them, but she must not have a clue. With everything going on, she probably forgot all about it or doesn't even know. I stay out as much as I can because I do suspect she doesn't know about this small ability. This is one of the smaller communities in the United States so I wouldn't put it past her as not knowing anything about it. I also know how to talk to her in her head instead of just listening, but I don't know if I want to expose that just yet.

Part of me feels a little guilty listening to her thoughts and intruding in a way, but with her being so closed off, this is the only part of her I'll get to see for a while I think. At this point I'm going to take what I can get. Only her strongest thoughts will come across to me, not every passing one or else it'd get pretty overwhelming. If I ever need to block her out, I can, but I don't know how often I'll want to. She's my mate and I already love her.

     Since I'm future Alpha, I also have a mind link to my beta and third. It's a strong bond that I've especially kept in tact. If I'm going to lead a pack, I need to have connections and be able to call for help or assistance in anything. Especially if the help is needed for protecting my mate. Victor looks at Kara with a grin, just knowing I'm going to have a trying time with her. Killian keeps his hands off and I'm glad because I'm feeling protective over her. Possessive.

     I glance over at Kara as she follows behind Victor, Killian, and I. I want to bring her home with me and would like her to meet my parents. I know right now I really need to take things slow. She's been living in a small town in a very different lifestyle she'll be thrown into if she chooses to become my mate. She'll be living in an alpha's world then. I want her to feel comfortable and I don't wanna push her. I want to do everything I can to protect her and make her feel safe. Trust is going to be the first obstacle to get through, but I'm hoping she'll warm up soon. I finally found the future Luna of my family's pack and I'm not letting her go.

     We walk along the path that would bring us to my house here in the village. Although it's temporary, I've made myself comfortable and will stay as long as necessary for my mate. When we pass the house she was standing in front of the first time I saw her, she hesitates. Not because she wants to go back or she has a longing to be there, but because she's debating on leaving me or staying. She doesn't try to escape and go back though. Escape isn't the right word because I don't think she thinks her home is a safe place, but I'm not sure what else to call it. I see the scars she has and the fading bruises. She still keeps following as we make it to a point where she can't really turn around without being discrete. Knowing her, if she wanted to leave us, she'd try. So why hasn't she?