Chapter Six

Get ready for a long chapter! That's why it kinda took a while for an update, but here it is! It's a cute one too and I liked writing it haha.

And over 100 views! Thanks so much guys! I'm really surprised my work is actually being read haha. But thanks so much!

I decided on the second cover, but I still might change it. I don't know yet, but enjoy the chapter! Sorry for the long authors note!
xo

Cain

"How much clothing did you have at your house?" I ask as we walk back to my place.

     After Kara's dad threatened her and dared to lay a fucking finger on her, I wrapped her in my arms and did my best to make sure she felt protected. She means the world to me and I want her to realize that. Up until now, I didn't realize she's the victim of something I had done so many years ago. Now, I'm going to make sure she's always safe and protected.

     The way she felt in my arms...it was like she was meant for me. Her head rested on my chest as she took a minute and just let herself have the moment. After a little bit, her thoughts intruded and told her she didn't need anyone. Certainly not a guy either, so she pulled away. She's still walking with me and I'm not sure if it's because she's thinking or if it's because she's just numb and going with whatever. Oddly enough, I can't hear her thoughts right now.

"Not much. I reused stuff and if I needed more, I had better hope I can steal because I wasn't getting more from my parents that's for sure," she says with a harsh laugh.

"We'll get you a new wardrobe when we get to the city," I say casually.

I can tell that shocked her. I glance over to see her expression and smirk, continuing on.

"What? No! That's not what I wanted when I told you I didn't have much!" Kara protests, putting an arm on my shoulder to stop my walking.

"It's settled," I say and smile at the cute way her face scrunches.

She gives me a curious look before resuming walking with me. Then I hear what she's thinking. Why is he so nice to me? I've been a bitch to him the whole time! And how did mom take such an immediate liking to him? She never does that. And the way he stepped in front? God I don't even know what to think. I grin at her thoughts. She has no idea how much I love her. She's my destined and I'll never let her go. She's mine. The part about her mom unnerves me because she obviously doesn't know. Since we're on such thin ice as it is, I don't want to tell her quite yet.

     She keeps walking with me which prompts my next question.

"So you're not staying with your parents?" I ask.

She hesitates. Her thoughts intrude with her arguing about her doubts. Where do I go now that mom knows about my mate and wouldn't allow me to come back? Do I go with him? Can I go with him? He seems okay, but obviously there are still doubts. Part of me wants to trust him as if I know he's good for me, but being my mate can't give him an easy out. My parents were somehow mates and look at them now. Goddamnit why can't I just shut my brain off and think with my heart?

"No. I'm giving this a chance," she says, putting a newfound trust in me.

I see her glance at me out of the corner of her eye when she thinks I'm not looking. She doesn't completely trust me, but she's going with what her heart is telling her. I smile to myself, loving my mate more and more each minute.

"Thank you," I say.

She smiles at me and looks down. It's an immediate sign of submission and she knows it. I immediately hear her thoughts. I can't keep looking away all the damn time! Why do I want to trust him? He's different, but anyone could turn out to be my father. He was nice in the beginning too until he turned on my mom. Who's to say Cain is different? I hear her. I replied once, but it was too early. She thought she was going crazy and wasn't ready. It proved though that she doesn't know about Alphas having a mind link to their mates.