Chapter Thirteen

Wow guys! Over 21k views and I'm freaking stoked! I really never expected any of this so thanks so much everyone!This is a shorter chapter, but big steps are taken;) Okay well here's your precious update that you've all been asking for! At this point, I think I'll probably have like seven to ten chapters left! Who's gonna be sad when Kara and Cain's story comes to an end?:(
Also, I think I have a couple ideas for more stories so you can look forward to that:)
xo

Cain

I watch Kara just let go and live in the moment at the beach. I can't keep a smile off my face as I see her swim with Emily. They decided to go a bit deeper and then come back so we can all go to the pier. Victor stands back by me.

"We've had a couple rogue attacks, but they've been easy to subdue," Victor updates me.

I nod. Even though I haven't exactly been present with the pack, I still get updates and input when I need to.

"They're all wanting to meet her. Your parents have been on my back about it," Victor says.

"I know. I think I'll bring her by tomorrow. She's come a long way and I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out. I love her," I say.

He gives me a side look.

"Wow. Damn, you guys have come a long way," Vic says.

"It's true. I couldn't ask for a better mate. She's perfect and from the moment I met her, I've known I loved her," I say.

"I'm happy for you man," he says, leaving off like he wants to say something more.

I turn to him, crossing my arms.

"What, Vic?" I ask, knowing he wants to say something.

"You didn't tell her," he says.

I sigh.

"You totally just ruined the mood, man," I say.

"I'm sorry, but the deeper you get into this relationship, the more it's going to hurt when she either finds out or you man up and tell her," he says.

"I'll tell her by the end of the week. There," I say.

"Good," he says.

I scoff.

"Alright, alright, don't get too used to ordering me around now. We both know who's going to be Alpha," I say, laughing at Vic's oh really? look.

"Cain!" I hear Kara yell.

Victor and I both look toward our mates and grin. They're coming into the shallows and laughing as they make their way over. I watch Kara's brown hair sway and the smile on her face. I'd do anything to keep her happy. After everything she's been through, she deserves the best from this world.

     I know I don't know everything involving Kara's past and what happened to her in regards to her father, but I'll wait for her to tell me on her own. After she had nightmares the first night, I've kept close and have most of the time been with her. Sometimes she'll whimper and cry a little in her sleep, but the nightmares normally subside when I hold her.

     "Hey, you," she says, coming to stand in front of me.

"Hey yourself," I say, resting my hands on her hips.

She loosely drapes her arms around my neck. I grin. She smiles and nibbles on her lip. I lean in slowly. The past few times we've gotten close, something has always gotten in the way. She pulled away the first time and last time we had a flour situation to deal with.