Chapter Eleven

Here's your update! I've gotten a lot of requests for more so I spent a lot of time writing today. Also...over 8k views!! Thanks so much to all my readers:)
Okay guys this is a cute chapter between Kara and Cain! They've got some funny moments and I hope you guys like it!
xo

Cain

     I laugh as I follow Kara inside. She's adorable, especially when she's mad. I know she was worried about the wetness as she backtracked and came back outside to wring out her shirt one more time to make sure it wasn't gonna drip everywhere. Her shorts don't drip like her shirt would have if she didn't take it off, so I'm not too concerned with walking around. She makes it to the kitchen and picks up the bag of flour.

"All because of this damn flour," she sighs, setting it on the table.

I smile at that. It was all because of the flour, but I'm definitely glad it happened. God, she's absolutely beautiful and she doesn't even realize it.

"Are you expecting anyone here soon?" she asks.

"No, why?" I ask.

I mean, Vic and Emily are coming later to go to the beach with us, but I told them one to two o'clock so we've got time to kill since it's only eleven or so. My parents stay at the pack house that's about an hour away or so and they would call if they were coming over.

I want Kara to meet more of the pack sometime as she's only met my beta and third. I think they would like her and respect her as their future Luna. Plus, the more people get used to her, the better. At this point, I haven't been doing a lot in terms of pack work, but I'll start after Kara and I are really settled. I asked everyone not to bother me and let me have my time with my mate, so that's exactly what they're doing.

"Alright, I'm just gonna bake like this," she says, draping her damp shirt over a chair.

Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Okay, then, me too," I say.

She turns to look at me.

"I thought I was the only one making the cookies and you were gonna go upstairs," she says, genuinely confused.

"No way, princess. We're in this together," I say with a grin.

"Okay fine. And don't call me princess," she says, glaring and going to grab her shirt again.

"Hey, hey, hey," I say, snatching the shirt before she can get it.

"Cain!" she says, jumping for it.

"Oh, c'mon, Kara," I say, giving her a mock frown.

"Cain, I can't..."

"Yes you can. You're gonna get messy anyways and you were planning on it, too," I say, finishing for her.

She takes a moment to consider.

"Ugh, fine. I always get messy when I'm baking," she says, tossing her hands up.

I laugh at that. She shoots a glare at me, but can't stop herself from laughing as well at her own childishness.

"Okay, well, we need milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar..." she trails off, going over to the pantry to grab anything we need.

I watch her with a slight smile. She's so cute and I love everything about her. I feel that at this point it's a little too soon for her to hear, but I know that I love her.

     "Cain? Earth to Cain?" Kara says, looking at me.

     "Hmm?" I ask, snapping out of it.