Chapter Eight

Ahh I'm sorry don't hate me for the upcoming short chapter! Also, over 750 views ahh thanks so much guys!
xo

Cain

Kara looked stunning in both of those dresses. God, she's beautiful. She doesn't even realize it and she's so humble. I could tell that when she didn't think I liked the dress, she was genuine and it wasn't a ploy to get compliments. I know she's fierce and feisty, but she has a sore spot to her as well. She's actually self conscious and defensive, and I want to help her and be there for her.

I just don't know what to tell her about her dad. I can't break that news to her especially when we're starting to get to a good place. She would be crushed and angry at me. Beyond angry and all progress would go down the drain.

"You look deep in thought," Kara says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Nah. Just thinking about how gorgeous you are," I say.

She bites her lip and blushes. That's the most adorable thing ever. It drives me crazy.

"God you can't do that," I blurt out.

"What?" she asks with confusion, still nibbling her lip.

"You're lip," I say.

"And? What I can't bite my own lip? Wow, you're a different kind of controlling and-"

A low growl escapes my throat.

"God, you test my limits," I say.

Realization hits and she blushes.

"Oh," she goes to bite her lip, but licks it instead.

"Pfft, like that's any better," I groan.

She just purses her lips and looks out the window. I can tell she's trying not to smile.

"We should stop at a shop for shoes," I tell her.

"I have some," she says, pointing to the beat up combat boots she has and the other pair she got as well.

"You need something better and more because that's not enough," I say and stop the car.

     I don't really leave any room for argument. She gives me a side glance. I think she knows she needs something besides boots to wear all the time.

I get out and walk to a woodsy area to shift as she gets out of the car too. I'm cautious with her because she technically hasn't claimed me back or accepted what I've given her. A male could potentially try to take her from me, but I won't let that happen. She's mine.

I walk out of the bushes and Kara pretends I'm her dog. Werewolves and dogs are close to the same size, but we're still noticeably bigger. I don't think many people have taken even a second glance at Kara and I so I'm happy with being her "dog" to keep her safe. I'm okay with the arrangement if it means protecting her and keeping her. I see her look down at me with so much affection instead of disgust or detachment. We're walking through the parking lot when another werewolf jumps out. Kara gasps and she darts her eyes to scan the area to see if she can shift. There's too many people around for her to shift and she won't expose us.

     Don't. I mind link her.

Me and the new werewolf bark at each other. He's challenging me and I'm happy to take it. I glance over at Kara because she never even expected any of this. I never told her about how she's not exactly permanently mine until she marks me. I stay circling with the other wolf. I'll fight for my mate. Always. I'm getting ready to jump when I hear Kara.