Shownu - One in a Million [Part 1]

"Y/N, I can explain. Please just listen to me" Shownu said as he tried to hold you from walking away. You decided to drop by and surprise Shownu at the dance studio since you wanted to cheer him up. He has been breaking his sweat and tears to prepare for the performance on "Hit The Stage". But everything went downhill when you saw him dancing quite closely with another lady.

"Oppa? Wh-what are you...doing?" you paused, looking at both of them; confused and shocked at the same time.

"Y/N? What are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Shownu quickly moved towards you, with a flustered look plastered on his face. He pulled you out of the studio, which you unwillingly followed, to the hallway.

You tried to analyse the situation, not wanting to jump to conclusion and causing a fight to ignite between the both of you. However, the more you tried hard to understand from his point of view, the more you feel angry as the scene keeps replaying in your mind.

"Oh...I-I wanted to surprise you to cheer you up since I know you have been stressed out lately... I even bought your favourite so we can eat together..." you showed him the plastic of food that you were carrying while faking a smile. Slowly, the anger that you felt earlier on changed as you felt tears started to form in your eyes.

You took a deep breath and continued "but it looks like you are already coping with it by yourself... *sigh* I guess I will see you at home then..." Hearing your voice shake as you speak, Shownu hold you by the wrist, not wanting to let you go before hearing his explanation. You pulled your hands out of his grip and turned away quickly; dashing towards the exit to the staircase.

As much as you want to express your anger and vent it, you know that it will only make Shownu more stressed than he already is. He wanted to create a choreography that would mesmerize people, but at the same time, he doesn't want you to misunderstand his actions while his dancing. You wanted to be understanding, but you can't help but be jealous when he is physically close with another woman.

------ After the incident --------

You were stuck in bed ever since you got back from "surprising" Shownu. Your pillows were stained with pool of tears. You can no longer count the number of times you cried yourself to sleep, waking up just to be hit with reality and cry again. It hurts you to see him close with another woman, it hurts you to see his gaze on another woman.

Suddenly, the sound of your entrance door opening startled you to realising that Shownu is already back home. You quickly pull the blanket to cover your face and just stayed still, hoping he would assume that you're asleep. When he walks in the bedroom door, he paused at the sight of you hiding yourself under the cover. He knows that you will never have the blanket cover your head since it makes you feel claustrophobic.

Without hesitating, he rolled on beside you, with his left elbow supporting his weight and pulling the blanket off your face with the other hand. When he sees your puffy eyes, he knows that you've been crying all day long. He wraps his arms around your waist, and nuzzled his head to whisper in your ear.

"Y/N, sweetheart... I know you need some space, but I want you to know that there is no other woman that can replace you in my heart... my love and feelings are only for you and only you, Y/N" You can't help but soothe your emotions to what he has said. You can feel the sincerity in his words as you feel his arms tighten itself around your waist, making you feel assured.

You sat up, leaning against the headboard, and face him while holding his hands. "Oppa, I know that it's part of your job. But I just couldn't stop myself from getting jealous over how close you were with that lady and how much you were focused on her" you tried to talk clearly, but failed to as you were still choked by the overwhelming sadness.

"I know sweetie, I know.... Please stop crying. Aigoooo..... What did I do to deserve such an understanding and kind-hearted little angel like you?" he cooed while rubbing your back, calming you down. You smiled at his comment, he never fail to be amuse you by how he makes you feel better in an instant.

"I care for you so much, Y/N... I would do anything to make those tears not roll down your fluffy cheeks again! Even if it means for me not to be in this industry anymore, I would do so." The moment those words left Shownu's lips, you give him a sharp gaze showing strong disagreement to the statement.

"NOOO! Then where would the Monsta X boys find a replacement for their daddy? And where would Monbebes go to see the quirky, oddly yet handsome and good looking Son Hyunwoo?" You chuckled a little and continued.

"As much as I want to keep you to myself, you have the boys who have been there for you since the beginning of the Monsta X journey, going through every smile and tears with you... and you have your Monbebes who stood by you and supporting in every moment that you and the boys were at"

"Then what about you sweetie?"

"I will always be there by your side, supporting you along with the boys and Monbebes, only that I will be a little closer to you since I am in that special place in your heart" you wink while shooting finger hearts at him.

Shownu laughed as he finds your aegyo so cute at times like this. He hug you once again, only this time, with his signature bear hug and kisses every inch of your face. From then on, you knew that this big bear loved and cared for you too much that he would not want to see or even dream of you getting hurt, not even the slightest. 

To Be Continued......