Minhyuk - I Don't Wanna Know [Part 3]

When you came back home, you saw Minhyuk sitting on the sofa, hunching forward with elbows resting on his knees and hands huddled covering his mouth. You approached Minhyuk slowly, not wanting him to be startled by your presence. You placed your hand over his shoulder before calling out to him.

"Jagi? What's wrong?" you cautiously asked him while looking at his eyes.

"Y/N..... It hurts... It hurts me so badly to see you being happy with him" he said as he holds his chest in pain. Shocked by what left his mouth, you froze on the spot.

"I know it's my fault for making you feel neglected the whole time I was busy. That three months without you was torturous for me, how much I have to hold myself back from running to you because of how much I missed you, how much I tried to focus on the performance when you were on my mind the whole time" his voice started to quiver and hands started to tremble.

"But I know it was much worse for you. I'm so sorry for neglecting you. I'm so sorry for not being there for you when you needed me." He kneeled down in front of you while holding both of your hands, staring down at them.

"But please don't leave me. I can't go through a single day without you being on my mind and I can't stand at the thought of you no longer being by my side." His tears finally breaking through his eyelids.

"So he knew about it all this time?" you thought as you felt a deep cut in your heart. You recalled the mornings you woke up with him and the nights you slept with him.

"He did all that to show me how much he loves me...how can I not see through his actions" You instantly kneeled down beside him, to pull him into a hug before holding his face in your two hands.

"Jagi, I'm sorry. I know should not have done what I have done. I already ended things with him cause I couldn't bear to see your feelings get hurt by my actions. I was wrong to hurt you like this. I will never leave you, you mean too much for me to do that...I can't see you getting hurt twice. I'm sorry for what I did, Minhyuk."

Hearing you say that, he hugs you tightly as he nuzzled his head at the crook of your neck. The two of you cried in each other's arms for a while, until Minhyuk pulled apart from you.

"I love you, Y/N. Please, don't leave me" Minhyuk mumbled the words as he looks at you, pushing your stray hair behind your ears.

"No Minhyuk, I won't. That's a promise that I make to you. I love you so much, Minhyuk" you replied. He kissed both of your cheeks and then continued hugging you. He loved you too much that he even blames himself for you cheating on him. From that day on, both of you never speak of the incident again and agreed to put the past behind and only focus on the present.

Every day, be it through actions or words, both of you continuously showed appreciation for the presence of the other. That was how your relationship went on for 3 years, before tying the knot officially last year. You are now happily married with Minhyuk, and was gifted a beautiful daughter, Y/D/N, that helped you and Minhyuk remember how much you love one another. 

  -----THE END----